Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure I could do 2 X EV Cars at the moment. I've got the Y on order and a Diesel Tuscon. Still feels like we need a ICE car in Aus unfortunately

It depends on what kind of driving and trips you do. Our household has been EV-only for 2.5 years now… no regrets! We’ve done some decent long trips and Syd-Melb return twice (which is totally easy these days). With the increasing number of DCFCs out there, there are fewer and fewer trips that I think would be infeasible or squeaky-bum inducing. Sometimes you need to do a bit more planning for specific trips but I consider that part of the fun.

Worth a watch not just because the Berlin model previews likely updates that will come for Shanghai built Y, but because he confirms that all UK Model Ys coming Shanghai come with the parcel shelf.
I think that means parcel shelf is likely given how Tesla implement changes.
New sub is interesting, though doesn't go into detail of actually showing it.

Many of the other comments are pretty subjective and might just be slight supplier or batch differences rather than a real change.

Reactions: positiv