Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that is not a VIN number at all my friend, many have told me that shanghai built cars would start with LRW VIN. So keep looking for that.

Anyone that is interested in WMI allocations, check out the following link and search Tesla.

The allocation will be LRW, unless Tesla register a new WMI specific to the Model Y for our region.

• Helpful
Reactions: Blaq
I have a VIN! And yes see the same "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" notice. The VIN is still hidden but I am using the VIN finder plugin and it can see it.
For those wondering I ordered at 10.20am on the Friday morning they went on sale and I ordered a Red RWD, Black Interior with the 20" Induction wheels.
Estimated delivery is still saying Aug - Nov 2022.
Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 1.28.00 pm.png

Last edited:
I have a VIN! And yes see the same "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" notice. The VIN is still hidden but I am using the VIN finder plugin and it can see it.
For those wondering I ordered at 10.20am on the Friday morning they went on sale and I ordered a Red RWD, Black Interior with the 20" Induction wheels.
Congratulations, muddle!!!! 🎉

• Love
Reactions: Brando_o and muddie
Dumb question - I am yet to fill out the "Registration" section in the task as I need to sort out a few things first for the driver's license. Would this delay my vin allocation or delivery?
Tesla will tell you it might alter your place in line if you haven't provided all details but seeing as the cars are still the best part of 2 months at least away from getting delivered, you should still have time up your sleeve before it really jeopardises your place in line.

Is anyone out there that ordered a P showing a delivery timeframe yet? I know when it was ordered it was Nov - Jan but it has not shown a date range in the app since then. I figured that since the RWD are being allocated VIN's it cant be too far away before the P's are showing their delivery timeframe again.

Reactions: 1001
View attachment 822453
Congratulations!! Any idea how long we have to pay off if we are looking for a finance option? My EDD shows as Aug - Nov as well.