Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations!! Any idea how long we have to pay off if we are looking for a finance option? My EDD shows as Aug - Nov as well.
They won't start pestering you until you have a firm delivery date and that is likely to be close to two months away yet so you have time. That two month time frame is based on Veda saying that the first shipment of Ys was set for Aug 22 according to what he knows at this stage.

Reactions: 1001 and positiv
I'm running out of hiding spots for all my accessories.... :oops: I think I may have a problem....

Trunk storage bins ✅
Key Fob and Key Ring ✅
Rear Cargo Mat ✅
Ceramic Seat Coating Kit ✅
Console storage trays ✅
Back Seat pet cover ✅
Front Mud Flaps ✅
Tesla Gen 3 wall charger ✅
Emergency kit ✅

Ha ha…

Whatabout:
  • A tyre plugging kit and 12V tyre inflator (or is that the ‘emergency kit’?) and tools for removing objects
  • Depending on what kind of trips you might take, a 5-pin 32A UMC adaptor and Type 2-Type 2 cable.
  • Sign up to Evie, Chargefox, etc and order RFID cards. I keep the RFID cards in the console.
  • Jack pads (although not essential, some car mechanics will refuse to jack a Tesla without them)

• Informative
Reactions: Maximillan
Congrats everyone on their VINs… I can’t believe 11:30 makes me feel late to the party!
I didn’t even consult my wife I was in such a panic 🙀
Yeah I didn't consult my wife either and this car is for her! I was sitting on the can refreshing the order page on my phone and she was out the back yard mowing the lawn. I didn't feel I had time to wipe and then run out and get her to turn off the mower and discuss, so I just ordered. I was in the dog house for a couple of weeks until we went to the showroom and looked at one and then she started getting excited.

They won't start pestering you until you have a firm delivery date and that is likely to be close to two months away yet so you have time. That two month time frame is based on Veda saying that the first shipment of Ys was set for Aug 22 according to what he knows at this stage.
Great thanks for that! Good to know I’ve a bit of time to get my finances in order before delivery! 🙂

Ha ha…

Whatabout:
  • A tyre plugging kit and 12V tyre inflator (or is that the ‘emergency kit’?) and tools for removing objects
  • Depending on what kind of trips you might take, a 5-pin 32A UMC adaptor and Type 2-Type 2 cable.
  • Sign up to Evie, Chargefox, etc and order RFID cards. I keep the RFID cards in the console.
  • Jack pads (although not essential, some car mechanics will refuse to jack a Tesla without them)
all good points... need to start shopping again

• Funny
Reactions: *Sparkles*
Folks on Whirlpool have a shared spreadsheet of 40+ Ys tracking who has/ hasn't got VINs so far.

Looks like WA is getting special treatment, likely given the extra time for transhipment.

^^ link edited.