Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I converted to EST when putting in my time. My time was rough as I don't have anything that has a time on for my order so I checked FB messenger when I told my friend I had put my order in :p
Assume 1000 model y orders in the first hour, according this link it takes 36 seconds to make one MY. So simple calculation (1000 x 36) / 60 / 60 = 10 hours to fulfill 1000 MY.

Reactions: Cmoney991
Assume 1000 model y orders in the first hour, according this link it takes 36 seconds to make one MY. So simple calculation (1000 x 36) / 60 / 60 = 10 hours to fulfill 1000 MY.
45 secs i think from the article:

How long does it take to build the world's most popular electric SUV? Tesla Gigafactory Shanghai demonstrated their efficiency in a recent film. At peak manufacturing speed, an average Model Y only takes 45 seconds.

I ordered at 10:32am, interesting looking at the spreadsheet, James-Melb is second on the list 10:16am and has the same spec as me with no VIN either. MSM/White/Induction. Looks like we are the only two on the spreadsheet with that config, probably haven't built any with that spec in the last production run.
Another user ClutchWA changed from gemini to induction on Fri 24/6 and has still received a VIN. Maybe changing orders doesn't affect vin allocation after all.

Last edited:
I have a VIN! And yes see the same "Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery" notice. The VIN is still hidden but I am using the VIN finder plugin and it can see it.
For those wondering I ordered at 10.20am on the Friday morning they went on sale and I ordered a Red RWD, Black Interior with the 20" Induction wheels.
Estimated delivery is still saying Aug - Nov 2022.
View attachment 822453
Weird, that same plug in doesn't find my M3 RWD vin but I can find it manually.