Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's great to know. I've ordered the 20" wheels and was a bit concerned about ride quality from some car reviewers who complained about it being too firm.
It all depends on what you drive currently I guess , CX5 with 19inch wheels is a bit firm but not really harsh . I felt same if not better in 20inch Tesla. I deliberately went onto Northshore where roads are quite bad so nothing too concerning as reviews mentioned

I have another question, do these cars come with wall connector? I know they give us mobile connectors with multi pin and all.
Mobile connectors come with two plugs , one normal plug where we can plug to house hold 10a plugs which charges at 10km/h range I think. Other one is for 5pin chargers similar to how caravans charge

It all depends on what you drive currently I guess , CX5 with 19inch wheels is a bit firm but not really harsh . I felt same if not better in 20inch Tesla. I deliberately went onto Northshore where roads are quite bad so nothing too concerning as reviews mentioned
Coming from a Skoda Kodiaq which is has 19" wheels but a pretty fat sidewall 235x50 R19. It soaks up road imperfections well but wollows around corners too much for my liking. I'm expecting (and hoping) the Y to be more firm and sporty but not enough to rattle out my teeth.

It drove more like a car as its not that tall , steering was sharp . Also when i looked at videos steering looked like cheap rubber one , but its actually got a really good feeling to it, it was soft vegan leather
I rented a Model 3 Performance for a long weekend in April and found the suspension fine. If the Model Y RWD ride quality is anything like that I’ll be happy. That was a mighty quick car, sadly the Y won’t be as fun to accelerate I’m afraid.

I rented a Model 3 Performance for a long weekend in April and found the suspension fine. If the Model Y RWD ride quality is anything like that I’ll be happy. That was a mighty quick car, sadly the Y won’t be as fun to accelerate I’m afraid.
I don't think it would anywhere close to performance , but still have really good acceleration , literally aircraft take off experience which is really fun . I don't want more than this for the sake of keeping my license :p I think any faster than this would make me sick

Got mine installed back in February.

Attachments

• E96308C0-5E18-471F-8510-527EABD29FA3.jpeg
    E96308C0-5E18-471F-8510-527EABD29FA3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: Blaq
I don't think it would anywhere close to performance , but still have really good acceleration , literally aircraft take off experience which is really fun . I don't want more than this for the sake of keeping my license :p I think any faster than this would make me sick
Agreed the performance was way more than I need, it was a blast though. The RWD is more than adequate for 99.9% of use cases.

Reactions: bharathk
I test drove a Model Y RWD on std wheels in Sydney at Chatswood, there's construction all around the Tesla showroom so rough roads and I felt the ride in the Model Y was firm but like a European car firm and not as bad as what the Youtube reviewers make it out to be. It's not a soft ride like a Japanese SUV but the firmness makes for better handling IMO. It's really quiet though as we could hear the charger rolling about in the back of the car

Last edited:
I test drove a Model Y RWD on std wheels in Sydney at Chatswood, there's construction all around the Tesla showroom so rough roads and I felt the ride in the Model Y was firm but like a European car firm and not as bad as what the Youtube reviewers make it out to be. It's not a soft ride like a Japanese SUV but the firmness makes for better handling IMO. It's really quiet though as we could hear the charger rolling about in the back of the car
Yeah I was a bit concerned when I saw some journos it's unsettling ride but I don't really noticed anything like that, it's really sportier and super direct steering which I really like

Mobile connectors come with two plugs , one normal plug where we can plug to house hold 10a plugs which charges at 10km/h range I think. Other one is for 5pin chargers similar to how caravans charge
It comes with two plugs, a 10A for ordinary GPOs and a 15A for 15A GPOs which is the same but with a wider earth pin (this is what caravans use here but it's not a large 5-pin plug). You can buy larger industrial-style tails for the UMC too, including 5-pin ones.

• Informative
Reactions: Nobody Famous
Tesla Update: Hi Andrew,

Your new Model Y will be available for delivery soon. It's not too late to take advantage of our simple online trade-in process.

If you would like to request a trade-in, please reply YES to this message and we will re-open the Trade-In section of your Account for you. An offer will be provided within 48hrs of completion.

Tesla Account: ts.la/account

Regards,
Tesla Trade-In Team
I'm not interested in a trade in but I do like that word "soon" they used in this message.

Just ordered these to add to my growing list of accessories Model Y RHD Floor Mats
I was able to get these for 185 - complete kit and caboodle

Reactions: positiv
I was able to get these for 185 - complete kit and caboodle
Yeah saw those but went with the Taptes ones. Bjorn Nyland had some good things to say about them. I've already got the genuine boot and frunk mats,