Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How exciting for you. I did the same when I ordered my 3. Had the charger installed a few weeks before my car arrived so it was all ready. Which was lucky because my 3 only had about 25% battery on delivery and I live over an hour away from the delivery centre so I only just made it home. So was glad I could plug into a faster wall charger rather than having to wait for the mobile charger to do its slow thing before I could go back out again and experience my new car.
Indeed, but with around 30% profit margin per car (which other car manufacturers can only dream of). At least they could offer a full charge for new car…

In my case it was a confluence of hundreds of cars needing to be delivered out of a brand new delivery centre with not all charging infrastructure set up yet etc. so I was understanding of the situation and the delivery guy was very apologetic. He did promise to use my referral code on the next delivery he put through that didn’t have one on it so I could get extra free Supercharging as compensation but it never actually happened. This was back when that was still a thing. Anyway no harm no foul. I made it home and got to test my wall charger straight away.

EDD shows up under account.

Can we arrange customised car plate prior to the deliver date? Or have to manage swapping after delivery. Thanks.

Screenshot_20220713-224546~2.png

Reactions: Rowanhs
Morning Clara 's ETA to Port Kembla is on 25th July ,
Where are you seeing that?

The current schedule has it on the 29th July and that's BEFORE the 2-3 day delay we just had with getting the ship loaded

The current ETA to Brisbane is on the 24th
Then 1-2 days to offload whatever is getting offloaded.
Then another 4-5 days to get down to Port Kembla.
Then another 1-2 days to offload.
Then another 1-X weeks to get sorted, go through customs, then get trucked around etc etc

Really slim chances but possible
Based on the delays and schedule, id say impossible

Last edited:
Spoke to my SA and asked about removing FSD and if it has any impact on EDD (mine is still "August - November"). He essentially said if I want to remove it, I should do it sooner rather than later or it might impact EDD. When I asked what exactly that means, all I got was a standard "any modification can change the EDD" answer.
I asked him to remove it. Will report back if my EDD changes to Dec-Feb.

Spoke to my SA and asked about removing FSD and if it has any impact on EDD (mine is still "August - November"). He essentially said if I want to remove it, I should do it sooner rather than later or it might impact EDD. When I asked what exactly that means, all I got was a standard "any modification can change the EDD" answer.
I asked him to remove it. Will report back if my EDD changes to Dec-Feb.
Their system is a mystery to them as well.