Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone advise when VIN can be issued - i do not really know how does it work

(1) VIN can be issued while car is getting built in Giga Shanghai factory or only after it built
(2) VIN can be issued while car is on-boarding/on ship to destination
(3) VIN can be issued and EDD can be given on same time with anytime during point (1) and point (2)

TIA.
In my case, VIN was issued on 16/7 and the car build date was one day earlier on 15/7.

Reactions: blue3030
Evening all, just want to know if this is normal…
Been assigned a model Y on Sunday, standard text message and then EDD of august 27-sept 4, however no rego papers or final invoice at all?

My model 3 also got assigned the same day and all documents were available to me within 1-2 days.

i am starting to lose hope for this quarter , i am just cursing myself for waiting to let my other half know before ordering the car . I saw orders opened at 10:40 but ordered at 11:15 :(
...I could only get everything sorted 11 hours later. Hoping for delivery before March 2023 delivery. And let's not contemplate the folks that ordered a MX or X Plaid...two year wait. My neighbours ordered a Landcruiser and Toyota told them some time end of 2024 - probably.

Evening all, just want to know if this is normal…
Been assigned a model Y on Sunday, standard text message and then EDD of august 27-sept 4, however no rego papers or final invoice at all?

My model 3 also got assigned the same day and all documents were available to me within 1-2 days.
Same boat for me (sorry for the pun). SYD 10:34am order time. VIN allocated 17/7.

Reactions: Jarrodbarr
I have said it for the past two days and ended up with disappointments, so i am not going to say anything.
i am just saying it to keep this thread alive, way too quite!!! Maybe tesla has switched to assigning VIN when cars are on sea like what we were seeing in previous quarters. I have seen a youtube video where UK customers are getting the vin assigned while the cars are on the sea.

Reactions: Cmoney991
i am just saying it to keep this thread alive, way too quite!!! Maybe tesla has switched to assigning VIN when cars are on sea like what we were seeing in previous quarters. I have seen a youtube video where UK customers are getting the vin assigned while the cars are on the sea.
i think their production is faster than their back office , hence cars allocated while cars at see , only instance VIN allocation caught up is when production was shut and Model Y production was shut . So hopefully we may get Vins sometime next week if they are loaded onto Morning Crystal

I think their priority is allocate Vin's and process paper work for Chinese customers first as their delivery is average 2days from date of production

Reactions: Cmoney991