Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car would be photographed in a studio and it would be a paid job.
If this is not outdoor with the scenic Sydney Opera House in the background,
why not making the film where the Model Y Left Hand Drive is already available?

Or use a Model 3 with some Green color wrap, and with CGI make the Model 3 looking like a Model Y?
Of course, don't open the trunk, since the Model Y has a hatch back, this is the only noticeable difference.

cgi green .jpg

Honestly, from a distance, the Model 3 and the Model Y look very similar, the Model Y is just taller,

Note:
The Tesla Model 3 measures 470 cm long, 185 cm wide, and 144 cm tall.
The Tesla Model Y measures 475 cm long, 192 cm wide, and 162 cm tall.

Last edited:
Apparently that's no longer the case.

The Aussie cars that got loaded onto Morning Clara in late June left from a different port.
Except no cars got loaded onto morning Clara in late June. In late June she was on her way back to Shanghai from whereever her previous trip ended. In mid July she docked at Haitong, and we assume got loaded with the Model 3s and the few Model Ys whose VINs were being issued around then.

I see the tow pack is now up on the Australian Tesla store. Only “Available Soon” at the moment but I’ll be getting it as soon as it is.

Last edited:
Yeah I sold my Ford Everest to get my 3 and the thing I miss most is a tow bar. So with the Y I’ll be getting one for sure. Came close a few times to getting the aftermarket Stealth hitch for the 3 but will get this official one for the Y for sure as it enables the proper tow software package as well to stop the rear sensors going off etc.
Also the Y has that built in pop out panel specifically for it so that’s even better.

I don't know what's going on with the Tesla accessories, they have snow chains for the 21" performance wheels listed but not the 19/20" wheels for the RWD that is arriving in the middle of snow season.
They don't need to try any harder. Perhaps they have enough analytic data to show it's not worth expanding SKUs as potential customers just go somewhere else. Snow chains are rudimentary and ubiquitous. Desktop supercharger trinket - well.....

They recently got approval in the US to connect the cars to Starlink. Do that would reduce the load. But your point is still valid.

Source on this? Are you talking about starling for RVs? That's a full sized phased array antenna that you can set up in different locations. It does not operate while you are in motion.

There are a lot of physics based reasons why starlink makes no sense on a passenger vehicle. Elon has already been asked this by analysts and his response has been the same. 4G/5G/6G cellular based connectivity is by far the better option for the foreseeable future.

Source on this? Are you talking about starling for RVs? That's a full sized phased array antenna that you can set up in different locations. It does not operate while you are in motion.

There are a lot of physics based reasons why starlink makes no sense on a passenger vehicle. Elon has already been asked this by analysts and his response has been the same. 4G/5G/6G cellular based connectivity is by far the better option for the foreseeable future.
I heard it on “The Tesla Space” on YouTube. They may have confused the FCC approval because it is approved for “moving vehicles”