Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They aren't "journalists" they are employed as "contributors". Contributors are basically paid on the number of articles they publish multiplied by revenue generated. Worst possible incentive to put out quality content.
That makes sense as many of the articles on the site lately have been average at best. It also explains why they gush over the big paying auto advertisers' product and have a dig at Tesla at any opportunity as they make $0 from Tesla. Tesla doesn't need to advertise, their products sells themselves.

Reactions: bharathk
Ahhh Drive.com.au. The reputable news outlet who uses Facebook as a source of information. They never fail to disappoint in their journalistic professionalism.
I mean what they said is literally true: Some Model Y customers have claimed on Facebook that they've recieved their deliveries. It's not like Drive are saying anything other than that someone has made a claim (the newsworthiness of some random making a claim on Facebook is of course questionable).

I mean what they said is literally true: Some Model Y customers have claimed on Facebook that they've recieved their deliveries. It's not like Drive are saying anything other than that someone has made a claim (the newsworthiness of some random making a claim on Facebook is of course questionable).
People also claim on facebook that Mark Zuckerberg is the leader of lizzard people coming to claim earth for reptillian aliens.... I'm just saying that Facebook is not a source of information that reputiple news organisations should be referencing.

Has anyone had any experience taking delivery of a Tesla if you are not the registered owner?
Here is my situation:
  • I ordered the Y through my existing tesla account that I have my Model 3 on.
  • The Y however is going to be registered in my wife's name as it will primarily be her car.
  • On the pickup date we have been given my wife will be interstate visiting her family so I will need to take delivery.
  • The Tesla website says all registered owners must be present at pickup otherwise you need a "Letter of Authority".
  • I called Tesla to ask what exactly they expect to see on a "Letter of Authority" because I want to make sure I can get the car and there are no holdups caused by me not having what they are after.
  • The person I spoke to said that I would't need any letter or anything because the car is in my account and I live at the same address as the registered owner.
  • I don't necessarily believe him.
  • So if anyone else has ever had to do a letter of authority what did it say?
  • I'm thinking that I will just get a copy of her licence and get her to write on it that I am authorised to pick up the car. Do you think that will be good enough?

Oh great, so that's about a week after Sydney deliveries.

Meanwhile in Perth...

1659584512323.png

Oh great, so that's about a week after Sydney deliveries.
On the Whirlpool Spreadsheet there are Brisbane deliveries showing starting from the Saturday the 6th. That was the first date in my initial EDD (6-20 Aug) so looks like the position of my car on the boat etc has put me back from those earlier delivery slots to dead smack in the middle of my initial EDD range. So looking at your EDD in your signature I would expect yours to probably end up being around the 19th or so but that is just a total guess as how deep in the bowls of the car carrier the car is seems to make a difference.