Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting no more! Collected yesterday from Mulgrave - got an email while enroute saying it was ready for pickup, so was able to go in a little early. When I got there, the charger (visible in pic) was connected and filling up beyond 75%, which was great and I left it in while running my checklist. They emphasised I could stay as long and take as much time as I wanted. There was plenty of room for me, it's not as if I was getting in anyone's way while there. On the one hand after all I'd read I wanted to do the checks, on the other I just wanted to get out and start driving it!

To reiterate, there is no cargo cover or any first-aid kit/gift/freebies, apart from the UMC (which wasn't free, it was included).

I took it down the Monash to calibrate and it was done before I'd completed the path I'd planned. As soon as I could, I started replacing those Gemini covers (not a fan), installing mud flaps, personalised plates and all the other accessories I'd bought while waiting.

May your day be soon! I'll keep participating in this forum with my experiences and comments - see you on the road and at the chargers (will remember to use PlugShare)!

View attachment 870326
Congrats.. hey is that your plate on there pictured ? I thought they came with slimline black plates

They usually come with slimlines. I was putting personalised plates on and because they don’t install them for us any more, they said they’d at least put these cheaper standard plates, and remove the difference from the invoice (not sure if they actually did).

Reactions: Robbo_707
Waiting no more! Collected yesterday from Mulgrave - got an email while enroute saying it was ready for pickup, so was able to go in a little early. When I got there, the charger (visible in pic) was connected and filling up beyond 75%, which was great and I left it in while running my checklist. They emphasised I could stay as long and take as much time as I wanted. There was plenty of room for me, it's not as if I was getting in anyone's way while there. On the one hand after all I'd read I wanted to do the checks, on the other I just wanted to get out and start driving it!

To reiterate, there is no cargo cover or any first-aid kit/gift/freebies, apart from the UMC (which wasn't free, it was included).

I took it down the Monash to calibrate and it was done before I'd completed the path I'd planned. As soon as I could, I started replacing those Gemini covers (not a fan), installing mud flaps, personalised plates and all the other accessories I'd bought while waiting.

May your day be soon! I'll keep participating in this forum with my experiences and comments - see you on the road and at the chargers (will remember to use PlugShare)!

View attachment 870326
Do you know the build date?

also see TMC

Model Y does privacy glass provide UV protection​

"
Does anyone have references from Tesla that can provide some fact to some of the differing opinions online.

There are posts that say it does and some that says it doesnt provide UV protection in the rear glass

Note, I called a tinting company today and they say the rear already provides UV protection and it's an industry myth to upsell other products"

Reactions: Wizard-of-Aus
also see TMC

Model Y does privacy glass provide UV protection​

"
Does anyone have references from Tesla that can provide some fact to some of the differing opinions online.

There are posts that say it does and some that says it doesnt provide UV protection in the rear glass

Note, I called a tinting company today and they say the rear already provides UV protection and it's an industry myth to upsell other products"

Does this help?

Delivery was this morning in Mulgrave. No more balloons or cupcakes! Front receptions is so basic and thrown together its frightening. Bucket on the floor collecting water dripping from ceiling. Nevermind.

As soon as I hit the freeway the vibration started through the steering wheel. "Disappointed" comes to mind. Booked a service appointment for Richmond on the 10th Nov and they are charging me $89. See what I can negotiate once there.

Problem is either wheels are not balanced, foam insert in tyre is not positioned correctly and or wheel nuts are not evenly applied (despite that being done in one go by a machine with calibration)

Despite knowing - I am still coming to terms with how cheap everything feels inside - all depends which car you come form. It will be OK. All the tech is nice of course.

Delivery was this morning in Mulgrave. No more balloons or cupcakes! Front receptions is so basic and thrown together its frightening. Bucket on the floor collecting water dripping from ceiling. Nevermind.

As soon as I hit the freeway the vibration started through the steering wheel. "Disappointed" comes to mind. Booked a service appointment for Richmond on the 10th Nov and they are charging me $89. See what I can negotiate once there.

Problem is either wheels are not balanced, foam insert in tyre is not positioned correctly and or wheel nuts are not evenly applied (despite that being done in one go by a machine with calibration)

Despite knowing - I am still coming to terms with how cheap everything feels inside - all depends which car you come form. It will be OK. All the tech is nice of course.
What car did you come from?

They can't charge you when the vehicle is under warranty don't pay the fee

Reactions: Maximillan

I’m also concerned about the cheap feel of the interior especially for the MYP which is over $100K , do you think it’s more due the the minimalist look as opposed to the quality of materials? assume you had a German brand before?

Facebook market place is basically full of them selling for list price right now. Speculators got bitten on this one because Tesla is delivering so many.
They seem to de-list at around $73-$74K so the scalpers are not making much if anything. I laugh when others listing at $90K+ .. perhaps hoping for a miracle?

On FB there is a guy selling a MYP with December delivery, must also be hoping for a miracle 😆

I'm glad I didn't take delivery of an M3 and then try to flip it when my MY arrived. Tesla blacklisting was a concern but even if they didn't it looks like the market would have punished me. Not sure if many people made money trying to cash in on people's desperation for a new Tesla. There were probably some but not many.

I’m also concerned about the cheap feel of the interior especially for the MYP which is over $100K , do you think it’s more due the the minimalist look as opposed to the quality of materials? assume you had a German brand before?
You just need to wrap your head around paying for tech not any interior luxuries. These just add so much to price and weight.

Previous car was internally mainly made by hand with exotic real crafted wood, subtle leather and plenty of chrome. A statement of zero respect for the environment and little utilitarian aspects to it. Not assembled on the European mainland.

Reactions: Robbo_707