Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If tesla delivered the MYP on time like MY SR, all of us with MYP order should be already taking delivery now in NOV.
I'm waiting for my MYP also, but the previous delivery window (before the update) was Nov 2022 – Feb 2023. Now it is Jan 2023 - Mar 2023.

So, not "all" MYP orders would have been received by the end of 2022 anyway - you may have ended up getting your vehicle in Jan or Feb which is within the updated delivery window.

I'm hopeful the new MYP builds when they happen have at least some of the upgrades (albeit may be minor) like updated rear seats.

Yes very t
I'm waiting for my MYP also, but the previous delivery window (before the update) was Nov 2022 – Feb 2023. Now it is Jan 2023 - Mar 2023.

So, not "all" MYP orders would have been received by the end of 2022 anyway - you may have ended up getting your vehicle in Jan or Feb which is within the updated delivery window.

I'm hopeful the new MYP builds when they happen have at least some of the upgrades (albeit may be minor) like updated rear seats.
Yes very true on delivery window. But seeing so many SR coming so quickly from Aug really felt like we were going to see MYP on this side of xmas. I remember chatting to a non-ev friend about tesla back in March after ordering my Model 3 and he has been driving his model Y for over 2 month now. It like buying an Iphone. Tesla is asking ppl who brought IP14 PM to wait 6-8 month while sending out order for all other models first

The joys of ordering a tesla... LOL

Yes very t

Yes very true on delivery window. But seeing so many SR coming so quickly from Aug really felt like we were going to see MYP on this side of xmas. I remember chatting to a non-ev friend about tesla back in March after ordering my Model 3 and he has been driving his model Y for over 2 month now. It like buying an Iphone. Tesla is asking ppl who brought IP14 PM to wait 6-8 month while sending out order for all other models first

The joys of ordering a tesla... LOL
It's been 2 years since the opened up the order books on Model S and X. Not one has been delivered outside of North America in that time.

It's been 2 years since the opened up the order books on Model S and X. Not one has been delivered outside of North America in that time.
Deliveries happening soon for X and S in Europe + China next month cars already on the way, hopefully they will make their way down under Q2 2023 once the RHD production starts for UK market

As usual it is ELON time , when the orders opened it said DEC 2022 so it would be around DEC 2023

Guys for those who traded their car with Tesla, during the trade in process do you note/list all the cosmetic scratch on the car?

My car has two scratches on my current car – one on the bumper and the other one of the doors.

Do I click photos of both and submit it as well? In the terms and conduction at the bottom of the trade in section it says – no major cosmetic and mechanical damage.

The scratches on my car are not ‘major’ but I am not sure what Tesla interprets ‘major cosmetic damage’.

Also how is the trade in process with Tesla? When you go to pick the car up, does a staff come and check your car before handing over the Tesla? I prefer them to do that ensure I don’t get any invoice in the future!

The scratches on my car are not ‘major’ but I am not sure what Tesla interprets ‘major cosmetic damage’.
I had a small dent on the roof of my car. I submitted a photo of that. Didn't worry about minor marks in the paintwork.

Also how is the trade in process with Tesla? When you go to pick the car up, does a staff come and check your car before handing over the Tesla? I prefer them to do that ensure I don’t get any invoice in the future!
No, no-one checked out car. Didn't even check that it was actually there, although we did hand over both of the keys. My car had done 4000 km since I originally filled out the trade-in form in June and they didn't even seem to care about that.

Hey all, picked up the car from Mulgrave today. Everything looked perfect after giving it the once over. Very minimal contact other than some help setting up the key and phone then it’s a “yell out if you need anything”.

Car has the manual release for the rear doors but not the new longer rear bench seats.

Hope you can all get yours soon if still waiting!

Hey all, picked up the car from Mulgrave today. Everything looked perfect after giving it the once over. Very minimal contact other than some help setting up the key and phone then it’s a “yell out if you need anything”.

Car has the manual release for the rear doors but not the new longer rear bench seats.

Cheers for the update, enjoy!

I

know there is possibly new seats coming, any info on them? I couldn’t see anything searching.

Not to mention 2nd car prices are starting to fall... By the time our MYP arrive next year, its safe to say we would have lost sigificnatly more on our current car used value. I cancel my M3P order back in Aug thinking MYP on time like the MY SR. If tesla delivered the MYP on time like MY SR, all of us with MYP order should be already taking delivery now in NOV.
And interest rates climbing by the day.. the whole MYP experience thus far has left a bad taste

Guys for those who traded their car with Tesla, during the trade in process do you note/list all the cosmetic scratch on the car?

My car has two scratches on my current car – one on the bumper and the other one of the doors.

Do I click photos of both and submit it as well? In the terms and conduction at the bottom of the trade in section it says – no major cosmetic and mechanical damage.

They offer such a low wholesale rate there is room for the buyers ( prob other dealers at an auction house ) to fix all the minor stuff.. my offer was $10K below an average private sale level.. so I will not be taking up their ( crap) offer

Update front seats (like in Germany) would be a much bigger upgrade (bringing the seats much closer to my S/X)

Vastly better:

1668729534082.png

Got trade in offer from Tesla and as expected it is atleast $5-$6k lower than current market value. Considering the market for second hand car has significant gone down.

Car Sales instant offered $1k more than Tesla.

Will try selling my car privately. Makes sense.

I have rejected the offer from Tesla on the app.

How long will the app now take to update and show me payment options? My EDD is 23 Nov to 7 Dec.

It's very quiet here! Is there a pause in VINs allocated for RWD? I'd like to know if there is a pause in deliveries to Australia till next quarter (ie next year) or if Shanghai is still cranking out Ys for Australia. Does anyone know? Thanks.
I’ve been lurking the past few weeks since I ordered. It seems as though there is two more boats due in Perth this year and another 3-4 for the east coast. No idea if it will have Y’s. They’ve been pumping them out for Europe last couple weeks tho.
Also seen in the M3 thread there was a bunch of VINs allocated today but they’ve been waiting as long as I have for a Kia EV6 haha so feel for them

There was movement in the camp!
Over the weekend I got sick of waiting for my MYP, that I ordered June 10. So I changed my order to RWD. Immediately my delivery date changed to Aug-Nov 2022. Today I got the SMS that a car has been allocated to me, and I should get it in the next two weeks. I'm very happy. Saving 35K, and I've test driven the RWD a few times and the power is adequate. When the LR opens in Australia I'll see how much it will be to trade/upgrade to the car I really wanted in the first place.

Over the weekend I got sick of waiting for my MYP, that I ordered June 10. So I changed my order to RWD. Immediately my delivery date changed to Aug-Nov 2022. Today I got the SMS that a car has been allocated to me, and I should get it in the next two weeks. I'm very happy. Saving 35K, and I've test driven the RWD a few times and the power is adequate. When the LR opens in Australia I'll see how much it will be to trade/upgrade to the car I really wanted in the first place.
What color combo?

It would be interesting to see the stats on how many people have done this. Surely heaps, especially now with interest rates higher than they were in June.