Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EFE5665E-772F-4FA4-9401-D14B1B0F242F.jpeg

Last export run of the year for us maybe if the rumours are true?

Reactions: Robbo_707
And for a wall charger have a look at the Zappi V2, even if you don't have solar yet it's good to future proof
Just keep in mind that for all chargers, except the Tesla Wall Connector, you need to unlock the car before detaching the cable. myenergi-Easy way for unlocking charging cable from Tesla Model 3

For some that will be a showstopper. ChargeHQ + WallConnector does not seem too bad and I suspect that Amber Electric will have something competitive out soon too.

Yeah that’s the sad part unfortunately being a 22 model. Will have to wait for wuwa to upload his video later today or tomorrow and see if we can spot any MYP but will be a hard task looking down on the cars
For MYP better off hoping for January build now or it will depreciate before it even lands. Dealers just love knocking down your trade in value using the fact it’s a ‘22 build and not a ‘23 even if it gets compliance in ‘23

Reactions: TSELA and Dannerz
I'm going to put my money on the first batch of MYPs coming in… May 2023. Source of information? None. Just a wild guess that Covid is going to get out of control & production will slow right down for several months.
Fair and likely but if we doing predictions I think it will be with the new model year so first couple of weeks of Jan. Production line possibly change over the next week for it? Who knows but I hope you guys waiting get it soon

The MSC Immacolata must have its anchor stuck under a rock still going round in circles off Port Kembla. The stories say 4000 Teslas on board, that will keep people busy for a while. Lots of delivery dates of model 3/y? rwd for next few weeks being posted but no MYPs, so Q1 as tesla is indicating for them still seems a very good bet.

Last edited:
So at the minute we have Viking Passama @ Prt kembla, MSC Immacolata off Prt Kembla, Don Juan approaching Brisbane, Morning Crystal due within ~a week @ brisbane. That is a lot of ships from China Shanghai. Tesla seems to be focussed on Australia at the minute.
Immacolata is apparently at port Kembla for another week as well.

Just had a wuwa video confirm some exports were made from Shanghai on the 22/12, just not sure how many and how many days they were producing them. My interest is currently with morning crystal for people without a vin but I’m not sure that got anything due to where it docked in Shanghai so next interest will be morning cherry.

Reactions: Way Downunder
The MSC Immacolata must have its anchor stuck under a rock still going round in circles off Port Kembla. The stories say 4000 Teslas on board, that will keep people busy for a while. Lots of delivery dates of model 3/y? rwd for next few weeks being posted but no MYPs, so Q1 as tesla is indicating for them still seems a very good bet.
Considering it's name, it won't "birth" until until it gets to the stable on Christmas Day and we see 3 wise men.

The news today is as expected:

Tesla suspended production at its Shanghai plant on Saturday, according to an internal notice and two people with knowledge of the matter, bringing ahead a previous plan to pause most work at the plant in the last week of December.

Still no real info on why this has been done. All we have is the possibility of re-tooling...USS coming back and I expect other stuff.

The news today is as expected:

Tesla suspended production at its Shanghai plant on Saturday, according to an internal notice and two people with knowledge of the matter, bringing ahead a previous plan to pause most work at the plant in the last week of December.

Still no real info on why this has been done. All we have is the possibility of re-tooling...USS coming back and I expect other stuff.
I doubt they're retooling. We would have heard about this. They're shutting down the plant because of a world wide drop in demand. In China demand has been dropping for a while, wait times are down to a week. US has a drop in demand because of the upcoming tax rebates, and they're selling at huge discounts. Discounts are also happening in Europe and the UK right now. There is without a doubt significantly reduced demand in many markets around the world. I think a lot of this is probably in response to Elon Musks bizarre behaviour in the last few months, rather than just economic conditions.

Reactions: TSELA
If it doesn't impact MYP deliver in q1 2023 in Aus it is neither here or there to my mind. I can understand a drop in demand especially in the northern winter and pre the US tax incentives, but here in sunny buying season demand is still high. Rhd performance changes and across the board uss changes, camera upgrade and possibly radar might require some reorgs. Not sure if suspension upgrades are significant or not. Ships are queuing off the coast in Aus right now like ducks in a shooting gallery. Should know better in 3 to 4 weeks anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah thinks it’s a few things, maybe you can blame Elon for a little in the west but not as much as you can blame economic conditions. Covid and the economy in China is almost definitely to blame in China. Think the deflation measures are just starting to bite in the west and the energy inflation in Europe.

Add all that to the new gigas starting to scale and it amazes me if production didn’t reduce. Plus the competition increasing and the Tesla fad dying out now it’s become a common car.

Can’t see any of this really affecting our production rates though, if anything should be shorter backlogs soon right?

Reactions: Way Downunder
I doubt they would just shut down a plant due to demand falling. To save a few thousand cars. If they had a serious demand problem, they would shut down shifts overnight and such like. Cut lines. Shutting a whole plant much cost a lot of money, people still need paid, not everyone is on zero hours contracts. I doubt also it is covid related. This was planned months ago.