Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My VIN shows its a 2023 build. Has anyone got detail about USS?
As someone else mentioned up-thread, the fact that nobody is asked to confirm they're receiving a car without Ultrasonics implies these cars still have them.

And Tesla's updated info page says

Starting in early October 2022, all Model 3 and Model Y built for certain regions are no longer built with ultrasonic sensors and instead rely solely on Tesla Vision to provide Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot, FSD capability and active safety features. As of early January 2023, those regions include North America, Europe, Middle East, Taiwan and Korea.

No mention of Australia

Yeah UK deliveries (not just Performance) have been missing USS for a while, but they did get fair warning

The lack of a similar message for Australia (other than the Radar one people were getting last year) gives me hope.

TeslaVisionEU.png

Reactions: joseph.luppino
Alright so this might be a little too nerdy....

For those in Perth WA with vehicles aboard the Dignity Ace I have found some interesting information. The Fremantle Ports' "Expected Movements" list has the ship down for arriving at Port 31-01-2023 at 07:00 and departing back to sea at 12:00. So the schedule only estimates that it'll take 5 hours from arriving to leaving for Adelaide. Given it's headed for Adelaide next, you'd assume it's not taking on new cargo. My theory, therefore, is that there can only be limited numbers of vehicles onboard that can be offloaded that quickly. If it was all for Perth they wouldn't be heading for Adelaide next and there's nothing for a car carrier to pick up in Perth that would be needed in Adelaide.

If the volume is limited, and assuming there's not a huge backlog (big assumption based on literally nothing), they should be able to get them out to the delivery centre reasonably quickly. I would have thought.

Anyway, I just thought it was kind of interesting that they turn the ships around that quickly.

Reactions: alliwantisaY
Alright so this might be a little too nerdy....

For those in Perth WA with vehicles aboard the Dignity Ace I have found some interesting information. The Fremantle Ports' "Expected Movements" list has the ship down for arriving at Port 31-01-2023 at 07:00 and departing back to sea at 12:00. So the schedule only estimates that it'll take 5 hours from arriving to leaving for Adelaide. Given it's headed for Adelaide next, you'd assume it's not taking on new cargo. My theory, therefore, is that there can only be limited numbers of vehicles onboard that can be offloaded that quickly. If it was all for Perth they wouldn't be heading for Adelaide next and there's nothing for a car carrier to pick up in Perth that would be needed in Adelaide.

If the volume is limited, and assuming there's not a huge backlog (big assumption based on literally nothing), they should be able to get them out to the delivery centre reasonably quickly. I would have thought.

Anyway, I just thought it was kind of interesting that they turn the ships around that quickly.
Dignity Ace is dropping off 150 M3LR, 50 M3RWD and 300 MYRWD in Perth according to the RORO booking info.