Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Model Y Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dignity Ace is dropping off 150 M3LR, 50 M3RWD and 300 MYRWD in Perth according to the RORO booking info.
I don't know anything about such things but I'd think one person could probably drive off, park and return for the next vehicle every....what....15 minutes? 4 an hour? An individual could maybe offload 25 cars in four hours? So maybe it would take 20 people working flat out for four hours to get 500 cars from a ship to a holding yard? Very interesting....

The Fremantle Ports' "Expected Movements" list has the ship down for arriving at Port 31-01-2023 at 07:00 and departing back to sea at 12:00.
That schedule will keep changing over the next few days, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up with a much longer stay.

It takes ships around 90 minutes just to move from where the pilot gets on board (which is what the ports schedule is based on) to its berth.

The last few Tesla carrying ships have taken another hour or so before the ramp is down, and some time after that before the first passenger vehicles are unloaded.

Reactions: The Skeezer
Regardless, it is gone.
It may not have ever been in WA or could be a unit that was a cancelled order looking for a buyer. So likely on a ship somewhere? I am waiting on a trade in price for a P3D with FSD so that might delay things. Once they provide the trade-in price which is likely low and does not account for the value of FSD, I can decide to sell privately, sell to a dealer or keep it (then it needs new tyres and likely a new battery in the next year). It is a great car though so it will be interesting to see if the PYD is as enjoyable.

It may not have ever been in WA or could be a unit that was a cancelled order looking for a buyer. So likely on a ship somewhere? I am waiting on a trade in price for a P3D with FSD so that might delay things. Once they provide the trade-in price which is likely low and does not account for the value of FSD, I can decide to sell privately, sell to a dealer or keep it (then it needs new tyres and likely a new battery in the next year). It is a great car though so it will be interesting to see if the PYD is as enjoyable.
low voltage lead acid battery not the main Li beast!

What I find interesting is that he's implying that the dual motor is safer than the RWD. I guess I won't know how I feel about it until I've tried it for a bit.

I do know that everybody is dumping on Enhanced AP and FSD. Even huge fans. That's alarming. I honestly thought that would be better and am glad they are offering 30 day trials because I would be very hesitant now.
I have had a model 3 Performance since late 2019. It has had the FSD package since the day we purchased. Once you iron out the quirks and adjust the settings it works great. For my MYP that I have ordered I only purchased the EAP as I think that is the best bang for buck. Thats just my 2 cents.

Reactions: krylonos
Vessel Finder shows Dignity ACE in Singapore, has not been to china for ages so must be picking Teslas up in the Singapore or Thailand, seems odd to double handle. Maybe shipping is getting to be a big issue out of China.
WA cars have mostly always been double handled. Used to go to Australian East coast and then get shipped by another vessel around the Bight. However last couple of shipments have gone to Singapore and awaited an SE Asian transport run down to Fremantle. These cars left Shanghai on Jan 1st and have been waiting in Singapore a couple weeks

Reactions: Way Downunder
WA cars have mostly always been double handled. Used to go to Australian East coast and then get shipped by another vessel around the Bight. However last couple of shipments have gone to Singapore and awaited an SE Asian transport run down to Fremantle. These cars left Shanghai on Jan 1st and have been waiting in Singapore a couple weeks
Very informative, cheers.

Reactions: krylonos
There is also a spreadsheet tracking Model Y orders which shows about 1000 orders country wide and of that about 11% were MYP orders. If you take out the cancellations, and those swapping to RWD from P it probably is around 5% of total orders are Performance variant
Not sure I'd trust the reliability of that. It's user maintained isn't it? Be curious to know how many MYP people have not updated the spreadsheet.

Reactions: fizzle