TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Australian Tesla Website - Autopilot/7.0 Update

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Astroboy747, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Astroboy747

Astroboy747 Member

Hi guys,

Any idea why the Australian Tesla website hasn't been updated with the latest autopilot and current 7.0 software version information like the US website? Cause this is really keeping me up at night. :crying:

Cheers,

2. ZTrekus

ZTrekus Member

Ahh well you see, to the US, Australia is wilderness... Crocodile country. Mick Dundee don't trouble himself too much with reading up on 7.0 and Palo Alto don't trouble itself too much with down under either. They are still trying to figure out how to mass produce the Model X. Eventually, when the Model 3 comes around, they might remember to offer us the Ludicrous Mode updates that were once promised to us. Remember summoning the car and all that? Also evaporated. So we may as well just go boomerang some kangaroos.

3. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

yeah, still no sign of a solution to the garage door opener issue. " engineering are working on it"? How much engineering is required? The cars have hardware, the Landrover Evoque has homelink here, so just some pressure on the supplier to open it up? Then a software update to activate it. Geez!! Without something like it, forget about auto parking and summoning your car!! Also, why no browser? That is just a software update, even if it were limited to when the vehicle is in park. Again, maybe a line or two of code. But hey, the wallaby I saw bouncing down my drive two nights ago might be in real danger after all.

4. alpal

alpal Member

Interesting points, Dborn. As a new owner, I would assume Tesla Australia (Sydney & Melbourne) would be battling for these items on our behalf. Not the case?

5. danielp

danielp Member

When we eventually get homelink here we will find out just how much it sucks anyway.

6. EcoCloudIT

EcoCloudIT Member

#6 EcoCloudIT, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Got it in my Evoque, sucks...maybe Tesla will implement it better.

-ECIT

7. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Yeah, the locals are looking into it. Suggest you contact the service manager in Melbourne and ask him. No harm in further and more enquiries going to the mothership.