Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian Tesla Website - Autopilot/7.0 Update

Astroboy747

Aug 24, 2015
Earth
Hi guys,

Any idea why the Australian Tesla website hasn't been updated with the latest autopilot and current 7.0 software version information like the US website? Cause this is really keeping me up at night. :crying:

Cheers,

ZTrekus

Feb 8, 2015
Sydney, NSW
Hi guys,

Any idea why the Australian Tesla website hasn't been updated with the latest autopilot and current 7.0 software version information like the US website? Cause this is really keeping me up at night. :crying:

Cheers,

Ahh well you see, to the US, Australia is wilderness... Crocodile country. Mick Dundee don't trouble himself too much with reading up on 7.0 and Palo Alto don't trouble itself too much with down under either. They are still trying to figure out how to mass produce the Model X. Eventually, when the Model 3 comes around, they might remember to offer us the Ludicrous Mode updates that were once promised to us. Remember summoning the car and all that? Also evaporated. So we may as well just go boomerang some kangaroos.

Dborn

Confirmed
Aug 26, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Ahh well you see, to the US, Australia is wilderness... Crocodile country. Mick Dundee don't trouble himself too much with reading up on 7.0 and Palo Alto don't trouble itself too much with down under either. They are still trying to figure out how to mass produce the Model X. Eventually, when the Model 3 comes around, they might remember to offer us the Ludicrous Mode updates that were once promised to us. Remember summoning the car and all that? Also evaporated. So we may as well just go boomerang some kangaroos.
yeah, still no sign of a solution to the garage door opener issue. " engineering are working on it"? How much engineering is required? The cars have hardware, the Landrover Evoque has homelink here, so just some pressure on the supplier to open it up? Then a software update to activate it. Geez!! Without something like it, forget about auto parking and summoning your car!! Also, why no browser? That is just a software update, even if it were limited to when the vehicle is in park. Again, maybe a line or two of code. But hey, the wallaby I saw bouncing down my drive two nights ago might be in real danger after all.

alpal

Nov 19, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
yeah, still no sign of a solution to the garage door opener issue. " engineering are working on it"? How much engineering is required? The cars have hardware, the Landrover Evoque has homelink here, so just some pressure on the supplier to open it up? Then a software update to activate it. Geez!! Without something like it, forget about auto parking and summoning your car!! Also, why no browser? That is just a software update, even if it were limited to when the vehicle is in park. Again, maybe a line or two of code. But hey, the wallaby I saw bouncing down my drive two nights ago might be in real danger after all.

Interesting points, Dborn. As a new owner, I would assume Tesla Australia (Sydney & Melbourne) would be battling for these items on our behalf. Not the case?

Dborn

Confirmed
Aug 26, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Interesting points, Dborn. As a new owner, I would assume Tesla Australia (Sydney & Melbourne) would be battling for these items on our behalf. Not the case?
Yeah, the locals are looking into it. Suggest you contact the service manager in Melbourne and ask him. No harm in further and more enquiries going to the mothership.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC