Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Autiopilot Still Calibrating after 160 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the manual and a few post I see, most seem to get autopilot activated after about 50 miles. So far, no no cruise control and no autopilot. At delivery , the guy said 50 miles, the onbaord manual says. 25 miles. I called the customer support and he made up a number of 200 miles. Anyone else having this issue.

From the manual and a few post I see, most seem to get autopilot activated after about 50 miles. So far, no no cruise control and no autopilot. At delivery , the guy said 50 miles, the onbaord manual says. 25 miles. I called the customer support and he made up a number of 200 miles. Anyone else having this issue.
are you sure it is calibrating or is it simply not enabled? I thought mine was enabled, but it was not (it was added to the order late), so I called customer service and they had to enable it. Sure enough it worked right after that.

• Informative
Reactions: FlyF4
are you sure it is calibrating or is it simply not enabled? I thought mine was enabled, but it was not (it was added to the order late), so I called customer service and they had to enable it. Sure enough it worked right after that.

In my case I didn't realize AP was turned off when I picked up my Model 3. I drove the 70 miles home hoping I'd get a message like "AP is now calibrated" so I could try it out, but I never got it. The next day I went through my settings and saw that AP was turned off. I turned it on and it worked.

D'OH!

I had an issue where during/after delivery the GPS said I was driving across the hills outside San Jose, when I was thousands of miles from that location. Autopilot also did not activate and I assume the two issues were related.

Had to reset the touchscreen (hold both steering wheel buttons down until screen goes black and then you see the Tesla T), and then the map GPS location updated properly and Autopilot was available within 20 miles.

Yes cruise control still doesnt work, and the reverse camera goes black occasionally so wonder if that is causing an issue too, I do have auto steer turned on as well.

Customer service just told me it can be up to 500 miles now. First the manual say 25 miles, delivery says 50 miles , CS 1 said 300 miles, and now CS 2 says 500 miles.

I am in LA so the neural network should have plenty of data in my area over the years right?

The rear camera will go black if you have it open then click on another window then click back to the camera. It's easy to reproduce so they should be able to fix it soon.

It seems like it's trying to open another instance of the camera and it messes up. I mainly see it when I have to camera open then click the charging screen then back to camera.

Was most of the 25 miles highway or local street? Also I notice my center screen as rebooted on its own 3 time now.... drove a few more miles today and still not activating

I will keep an eye out for the camera , looks like a few times it was the screen reboot, but other time might be what you said

I wrote this in the other thread not seeing this one was getting more traffic:

I had the exact same problem. No autopilot after 100 miles, so I called Tesla and they told me it could take up to 200 miles. After passing that mark, I called again and found out that autopilot wasn't correctly configured on my Model 3. Basically I paid for it, but it didn't get activated.

I finally got on the phone with a rep who stayed escalated a ticket to the right department to get it activated. Later that day, he called back personally to tell me it should be active. Sure enough, the autopilot options where active the next time I started the car.

Bottom line, call back and ask them to double check that your car was configured correctly.

Will do , I’ll try callin again today and getting it escalated , the cruise control worked for about 1/4 mile today by dodger stadium on the 5 freeway going north, then it I got a message sayin disabled. Was hoping it would activate the rest of the trip or on the return leg home and sure enough, not available again

I also noticed tonight that the drive had the lane lines showing up and car icons showing up as well, never seen those in the first 200 miles, I have a feeling that it is now officially calibrating from the 200 mile point. Before 200 miles I saw nothing on the screen

6A8EE39B-439F-4C42-BC86-4D920416E6DC.jpeg
Started seeing this intermittently after the update, is this what people see during the calibration phase?