Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn’t work. On high it’s at a level 3 or 4!!!
It does work.
LO/MED/HI are related to auto mode. Each of those 3 selections is a relative fan speed to the desired temperature. So if you set it to HI, your climate set to 72, and it's currently 72 in the cabin - the fan will not work on max speed. It will work around 3-4 in manual mode. But if your cabin temperature is 30, climate set to 72 - the fan will work at max speed.
The same for the other modes. If you set it to LO, the climate to 72 but cabin temperature is 30, fan speed will not work on max but at around 4-5 I guess and when cabin warms up it goes down to 1-2 speed.

This is a setting that I use because I don't like fan noise.

It does work.
LO/MED/HI are related to auto mode. Each of those 3 selections is a relative fan speed to the desired temperature. So if you set it to HI, your climate set to 72, and it's currently 72 in the cabin - the fan will not work on max speed. It will work around 3-4 in manual mode. But if your cabin temperature is 30, climate set to 72 - the fan will work at max speed.
The same for the other modes. If you set it to LO, the climate to 72 but cabin temperature is 30, fan speed will not work on max but at around 4-5 I guess and when cabin warms up it goes down to 1-2 speed.

This is a setting that I use because I don't like fan noise.im
I’m glad (for real) that it pleases you and likely others. I will continue to go to manual mode because I often want more air even if I am at my desired temperature.

We can preheat and precool the car and turn on the seat heaters prior to getting in the car- wow - thats fantastic.

99% of other vehicles won't do this. We're blessed - and when you do it MANUALLY - i.e., open the app - turn on the climate and then turn on the seat heaters I've seen it work 100% of the time. I'm sorry if you have to take three extra button presses to get it to work [instead of just one button to 'on'] but - well - consider that lucky~

I’m glad (for real) that it pleases you and likely others. I will continue to go to manual mode because I often want more air even if I am at my desired temperature.
This is exactly the point of manual mode. If you don't want the computer to regulate the temperature and conserve power when at the set temp, you can use manual to do whatever the heck you like. But the auto modes work extremely well, think of them as maximum speeds rather than set speeds. The computer will decide on anything from off to your set maximum if in auto.

Reactions: abioqaas
maximum speeds rather than set speeds. The computer will decide on anything from off to your set maximum if in auto.
Hello, I don't understand the above quote.

And, I realize that my problem (one of them) with the climate control is that to just increase the fan speed, I need to push 3 buttons. 1. bring up the A/C menu. 2. turn off Auto. 3. increase the fan speed. In an older car, I would just increase the fan speed with a single dial. Much safer and easier.
And, I was hopeful for the change that allowed Low, Medium and High while in Auto. Given High doesn't mean High, I can't agree that it functions well. If nothing else, I'd like to at least just increase the fan level without having to first turn off Auto. The car should know if I am touching the Fan Speed button, I want more air.

This is strange. Living in southwestern Ontario I leave my temperature at 21 degrees celsius and auto, and have never fidgeted with any HVAC controls while driving. Auto works perfect for me.
People's temperature comfort varies a lot. My typical case is: temperature of about 55 º F, sun glaring in thru windshield making me hot, but the general temperature inside the car is OK. I just want a blast of air for a few minutes, on my face. If I turn the temperature down to invoke this, I have to turn it way low, to like 64 º, and then the air blast is too cold.

People's temperature comfort varies a lot. My typical case is: temperature of about 55 º F, sun glaring in thru windshield making me hot, but the general temperature inside the car is OK. I just want a blast of air for a few minutes, on my face. If I turn the temperature down to invoke this, I have to turn it way low, to like 64 º, and then the air blast is too cold.

Tell the car to set the temperature to whatever you want. Or fan speed. Or activate either defroster. Or whatever

Tesla's voice recognition accuracy and breadth of capability is second to none, in my experience.

Yeah.. probably there are no "Auto climates" on the market yet that can figure out that you need a "blast of air for a few minutes".
If it's complicated to control the fan through menu, you can explore "voice commands", it works pretty well in Tesla
For example "Increase fan speed to maximum", and so on.

For example, when I need to drive somewhere, I always use a voice to set the desired location in navigator instead of typing it or use a "share location" from iPhone. Or when it's raining and traffic is intense, I use my voice to control the wipers. Pretty cool.

Reactions: sfRonH
Yeah.. probably there are no "Auto climates" on the market yet that can figure out that you need a "blast of air for a few minutes".
If it's complicated to control the fan through menu, you can explore "voice commands", it works pretty well in Tesla
For example "Increase fan speed to maximum", and so on.

For example, when I need to drive somewhere, I always use a voice to set the desired location in navigator instead of typing it or use a "share location" from iPhone. Or when it's raining and traffic is intense, I use my voice to control the wipers. Pretty cool.
good reminder! I've used voice commands a bit. it's not my natural inclination. and i don't like that its responses are only in print, which is hard to read while driving. But for a few things like this, yes, it sounds great.

If 3f change is about what you need, try saying "I'm hot" or "I'm cold". That's the 3f voice command up or down.

I mean, I want the same thing as you do, sometimes after going for a run I want the fan to blow a little harder for a few minutes. All I do is tap the temp and set it 2-3f cooler.