Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto body shop - Ottawa :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, a little over 1 month into ownership of my Model 3 and someone has already rear-ended me.

Thankfully the speeds were low enough to only scratch the bumper, but I’m worried about if there is a sub structure underneath (like a plastic or styrofoam) that might be damaged.

Can anyone recommend a good auto body shop in Ottawa that knows Teslas?

So, a little over 1 month into ownership of my Model 3 and someone has already rear-ended me.

Thankfully the speeds were low enough to only scratch the bumper, but I’m worried about if there is a sub structure underneath (like a plastic or styrofoam) that might be damaged.

Sorry to hear. How frustrating. I'd first ask Tesla themselves to see who they recommend. You don't have to go with your insurance company's suggestions.

Same thing happened to me. 9 days after delivery:

94BD22DD-4188-427A-B8CE-5036CE6F6ABB.jpeg

Including an imprint of her licence plate and a horizontal crease fron the underlying bumper. Had the estimate done at Excellence in Toronto. Going through insurance and estimate is just over $2k. Replacing the entire bumper cover. I don’t expect any damage underneath but it will be covered if there is. There was a Ferrari, multiple Tesla’s (S,X and 3), Bimmers, Merc’s etc. Parked inside and out. Super clean and very busy. The reception area reminded me of a Porsche waiting area, coffee bar and all.
Now the wait for the bumper cover. TESLA has 2 approved body shops in Toronto and this was the original one. Feel really good about having them do it. Might be worth the trip.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. 9 days after delivery:

Including an imprint of her licence plate. Had the estimate done at Excellence in Toronto. Going through insurance and estimate is just over $2k. Replacing the entire bumper cover. I don’t expect any damage underneath but it will be covered if there is. There was a Ferrari, multiple Tesla’s (S,X and 3), Bimmers, Merc’s etc. Parked inside and out. Super clean, uniforms, and very busy. The reception area reminded me of a Porsche waiting area, coffee bar and all.
Now the wait for the bumper cover. TESLA has 2 approved body shops in Toronto and this was the first one. Feel really good about having them do it. Might be worth the trip.

If they can do the work quickly, that might be an option. Thanks for the recommendation!

If they can do the work quickly, that might be an option. Thanks for the recommendation!

Once the bumpers in he said 3 to 4 days. The painter needs the car there for comparison purposes while he’s painting the bumper. It’s complicated by the multi coat process as well. If it’s going through insurance maybe the insurer will allow the rental in Toronto for the time it’s getting worked on? Drop your cat odd, pick up 5he rental and reverse the process at the end?

Once the bumpers in he said 3 to 4 days. The painter needs the car there for comparison purposes while he’s painting the bumper. It’s complicated by the multi coat process as well. If it’s going through insurance maybe the insurer will allow the rental in Toronto for the time it’s getting worked on? Drop your cat odd, pick up 5he rental and reverse the process at the end?
FYI - I've been waiting for a bumper since May30th.....

• Informative
Reactions: akidesir
Exactly same scenario happened to me exactly after one month of ownership. I thought you are me or I wrote this and don't remember. Field appraiser came over and said he has no clue what to estimate. Advised to get it fixed in authorized Tesla body shop. The closest is Auto Bugatti in Montreal 220 km away. There are 6 sensors on the bumper, if they have to change the bumper/cover, calibration is needed. Auto Bugatti works Mon-Fri only. I asked my insurance to pay for gas bill for the rental car. Right now it's been 10 days waiting for my adjuster to figure out the logistics and procedure of how and who get the car there. I hope this helps. Please share yours. Thank you.