Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto bright lights and night mode after V10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Noticed two things that seem to have changed after V10:

I keep my headlight preference on auto bright lights. In the past when I started driving at night, my brights were in this mode and started working immediately. After V10, I need to flip the lights to bright once for the auto lights to initiate.

second.....I have my map display set to auto night mode. I could have sworn in the past, my screen map would switch automatically from google earth to dark mode google maps. Now it just stays on google earth at night. I would have to go into the menu system to switch to a dark map after V10.

Am I just dreaming? Sometimes Tesla makes these software changes and I’m not sure if I was just crazy and my memory is screwed up. Anyone else notice these differences?

How do the auto highs work for you on the road? I've tried it a few times, but they flash on and off so frequently with no vehicles around I find it a bit annoying and prefer manual.

I feel that it has improved slightly with V10 (less false fallbacks to low-beam). That really doesn't bother me much anyway. Most of my driving is on brightly lit roads where there isn't much need for high-beams, but I've gotten so used to never having to flick them on, that on the occasions that I do drive on a country road with no street lighting it usually takes me awhile to realize that I need to flick the high beams on.

Just to bump this one.....was driving back from airport tonight and played around with maps. It appears there’s only Google Earth option for maps now.....no standard google map. Could have sworn it was there before V10. Only reason I bring it up is google earth is much brighter at night, even with the display brightness on auto.

With the update all of a sudden my high beams switch on and off frequently. It is switching off when a car approaches, but I didn't need high beam in the first place - it wasn't even completely dark. I find this annoying enough I am going back to manual control.

Just to bump this one.....was driving back from airport tonight and played around with maps. It appears there’s only Google Earth option for maps now.....no standard google map. Could have sworn it was there before V10. Only reason I bring it up is google earth is much brighter at night, even with the display brightness on auto.
i only have the sr+ but i thought the setting was on the side? press the globe?

Tesla-Navigation-e1539801602596.jpg

oh cripes, I'm a bozo.....yes it's there on the globe. But I could have sworn it switched to this mode at night time automatically in the past. Oh well, it's there though, thanks....

Unless I misunderstand what you are talking about, it should switch to night mode automatically. Maybe there is a setting somewhere, or overriding it manually makes your preference "stick"?

Update.....

and here we go......appears 36.2.1 corrected this auto bright light issue......it’s now in the auto bright light mode all the time, I don’t have to initiate it. It’s funny how little things like this get screwed up somehow in one update, then fixed in another.