Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Climate control weird behavior after service visit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took the car in for service for the cruise control/autopilot randomly not available messages that I've been getting, they supposedly reset some things and I was on my way home and realized my toes are freezing. Checked the climate and Auto and AC apparently means blow air to your feet now instead of out the dash like its done for 2.5 years. I went back to the service center and along with the strange behaviour there was a climate keeper failed messages. They took the car back in and changed the temperature/humidity sensor I believe its called and said they tested it and it was fine. It is still doing the same behavior. Sometimes Auto doesn't appear to even want to control the direction of the air. If I highlight all directions, I'm pretty sure if I then hit Auto it should pick the one it wants to use, not just leave them all highlighted. Regardless. I tested by putting in auto and then selecting front defrost. As expected it switched the vent to blow to the windshield. When I then unclicked front defrost it switched the vent to blow to my feet. Climate still in Auto mode.

Does this seem normal to anyone else? I know it wasn't behaving like this previously, but just trying to kind of figure out how it should behave. Just so everyone understands, I live in South Florida so except for 5 hours out of the year, it will always blow out the dash.