TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Auto-close feature of driver door

Discussion in 'Model X' started by akordz, Dec 28, 2015.

1. akordz

akordz Member

Seeing all the deliveries has been really exciting and one of the features I'm (more) excited about is the auto-close of the driver door upon pushing on the brake. At the reveal, EM showed the auto-close mode--right after he demonstrated the auto-presenting door. Since the auto-presenting mode hasn't been made available yet (Bonnie said it is expected at the next update) and yet the auto-close does work....do we know if auto-close is a standard feature or is it only part of the premium package (ala the auto-present). Also, does pressing the brake only close the driver's door? Since all cars are currently fully loaded founders/sig we may not know, but thought I'd check since it seems WAY more convenient to me than the auto-presenting door. Thanks!

2. green1

green1 Active Member

So, was the issue at the launch a failure of auto-present? or of auto-close? they certainly messed up one of the 2 when Elon had to go over and close the door himself after the driver got out and walked away (door partially closed then re-opened, Elon walked over and closed it)

3. akordz

akordz Member

It looked to me like the door popped open when it should've stayed closed. I think an auto present error

4. sub

sub Member

I thought the issue at the presentation maybe had to do with the driver handing off the key to Elon who was still standing near the location where the door would sense the key and present.

5. eloder

eloder Member

I'm very confident this is also what happened.

6. akordz

akordz Member

I asked about the auto close at tonight's factory event and got a definitive: "auto close is part of the premium package."