Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-close feature of driver door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing all the deliveries has been really exciting and one of the features I'm (more) excited about is the auto-close of the driver door upon pushing on the brake. At the reveal, EM showed the auto-close mode--right after he demonstrated the auto-presenting door. Since the auto-presenting mode hasn't been made available yet (Bonnie said it is expected at the next update) and yet the auto-close does work....do we know if auto-close is a standard feature or is it only part of the premium package (ala the auto-present). Also, does pressing the brake only close the driver's door? Since all cars are currently fully loaded founders/sig we may not know, but thought I'd check since it seems WAY more convenient to me than the auto-presenting door. Thanks!

So, was the issue at the launch a failure of auto-present? or of auto-close? they certainly messed up one of the 2 when Elon had to go over and close the door himself after the driver got out and walked away (door partially closed then re-opened, Elon walked over and closed it)