TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Auto-close skipped after Summon

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by GoCanucksGo1, Jul 8, 2018.

1. GoCanucksGo1

GoCanucksGo1 Member

Homelink and auto-close and auto-open are really cool. However, after I summon my car out of garage I get “auto-close skipped”. I have gone into settings for homelink and enabled auto-close. Auto-close works fine if I just pull up to garage but it’s only after I Summon car out of garage that I get the “auto-close skipped”.

I’ve played around with Summon and auto-close and don’t trust it enough to have it enabled with Summon. Had to physically stop garage door from coming down on roof. But I would think that after getting in car after the Summon, auto-close should still work. Any suggestions?

2. cpj777

cpj777 Member

What software update are you on? Where do you find the summon feature?

3. gambit48

gambit48 Member

I'm only on 21.9 and I have a late June delivery vehicle. I think only 1/3 to 1/2 of the Model 3's out there have the latest update (24?).

4. GoCanucksGo1

GoCanucksGo1 Member

Version 2018.24.1
    There was some fit and finish stuff that a ranger was sent out to work on and he was nice enough to push the latest update.
    Summon is great as my wife has a big SUV and not much clearance to get out while parked beside her in the garage.
    But this skipped auto-close this has me stumped.

5. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

On the bright side, at least you didn't get "auto-open skipped". That wouldn't have been pretty.