Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Defogging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did they allow more bottom bar icons, i set front defog, heated stearing wheel and efficiency stats app almost as soon as the option was available. But went back to it yesterday and found i could also fit rear defrost in the middle now as well, plus the heated seats either side. Quite happy with that, it's more of less all the buttons i use day to day.

Well mine was blasting along all 30 minute drive this morning.
I did notice that my front windshield camera was fogged up.

So I think the defogging and the camera is linked.
But I wonder why the car does not turn on the camera heating, because the air from the will basicly not reach the camera housing.

Well mine was blasting along all 30 minute drive this morning.
I did notice that my front windshield camera was fogged up.

So I think the defogging and the camera is linked.
But I wonder why the car does not turn on the camera heating, because the air from the will basicly not reach the camera housing.
Mine is on 90 percent of the time. Been like it for around 4 months.

Grrrr…. Bloody thing kept coming on all through my drive this morning. Pretty foggy on the roads so I wonder if the “amazing TeslaVision” thought the windscreen was fogged up too.
Wouldn’t bother me so much if it didn’t just blast cold wind on the windscreen. It was actually uncomfortably cold. Had to swap Climate Control to manual for most of the 50 mile journey.

I’m really getting fed up of Tesla coming up with half baked solutions to minor “problems”…. 🙄

If only they gave us an option to disable the automations…

Last edited:
Grrrr…. Bloody thing kept coming on all through my drive this morning. Pretty foggy on the roads so I wonder if the “amazing TeslaVision” thought the windscreen was fogged up too.
Wouldn’t bother me so much if it didn’t just blast cold wind on the windscreen. It was actually uncomfortably cold. Had to swap Climate Control to manual for most of the 50 mile journey.

I’m really getting fed up of Tesla coming up with half baked solutions to minor “problems”…. 🙄

If only they gave us an option to disable the automations…
My cars going into the garage a week on Saturday. They are going to try and fix why auto defogging stays on my car 90% of the time and doesn’t turn off.

• Informative
Reactions: ACarneiro
My cars going into the garage a week on Saturday. They are going to try and fix why auto defogging stays on my car 90% of the time and doesn’t turn off.
I wonder if the find something. At the dutch forum some people are also experiencing this abnormal long auto defogging, including me.
Yesterday at 1 degrees celcius out. It was defogging for a good 45 minutes, just before I arrived home the car went quiet.

But one forum member had his software repushed because the software had a wrongly configured sensor..

Bit of a thread bump but I’m at a loss to know what the issue is. My car says auto Refogging or words like that regularly when I set off and it clears at some point, but I can’t say that I feel like it’s doing anything wrong. What’s the problem when the car says it’s doing it?

It’s doing it when it has no need to and blows cold air (or stops blowing warm air) in the cabin when it’s doing it so makes me feel cold.
^^^ This for me.

It seems to be on for ages for no apparent reason, and my legs get cold. I'm fine with it doing something like this automatically, but I'd kind of like to be able to tap on the message to stop it if I wanted. Or, as someone else said, have an 'auto defogging' option that can be turned off if required.

Reactions: ACarneiro
I added this to my PWS service appointment today, and typically this is the first day it hasn’t been on for 90%+ of the journey. In fact, it didn’t come on at all. It had been on continuously recently, on each drive.

Same with my creaking door cards. It gets a little warmer and both issues disappear completely.

It’s possible the car knew where I was driving to and was being on its best behaviour though (or trying to save it’s true owner - Tesla - some money)

Our problem was it was doing it continuously and blasting hot air out, making the cabin temperature unbearable. But there’s a separate thread as to how it was resolved and all is now well
Link please? Nothing obvious in search results. Interior said 20, a third party temperature sensor said 28-30 - whether latter temps are totally correct is moot, but interior temp was certainly closer to 28 than 20 and rear cabin vent was blowing out lots of hot air for the whole journey. Auto defog didn't turn off until about last 20 mins of nearly 2h drive. Last time similar thing happened, they replaced our temperature and humidity sensor. Before raising SC request, looking to see if there is a better fix or software update. Still might raise one though as both our B cameras were still misted after 1-1/2 hours and 85 mile drive on 20/Auto. That is certainly longer than the 1 hour that Tesla had previously told me was acceptable.