Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto delete SMSes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Boza

2021 Model S LR+
Sep 24, 2021
Usa
2020 MS LR+ here with iPhone 6s iOS 14.8.1.
After update to 2022.4.5.3 I noticed that if I read incoming SMS through the car they never appear on the phone. Neither the SMS nor my replies (via voice reply).
Not sure if that happened before 2022.4.5.3 but I have just noticed it. Definitely was not happening on V10 and the first V11. Of course, I did scroll wheels reboot.
Is there some new setting somewhere that I need to toggle? Has anyone else noticed the same?

I have the same firmware version, but I’m not seeing the same issue. Last night my wife texted me while I was in her Model 3, and I had the car recite the text, but it was also available on my iPhone (iOS 15.3.1).

Are the disappearing texts coming from numbers that are not already in your text message chat history?

It is weird. They are continuation of existing chats.
The other thing I noticed is that when I am part of a group chat the responses go only to the sender, not the entire group. It used to send them to the entire group.
I restarted the phone and the car several times. Tonight I will try the “big” restart (with the brake pedal)

Group chats are not supported. In a group chat you will see all texts, but if you respond, your text only goes to that one person.

Don't feel bad, as an Android user I get all the text header information displayed from any iPhone text. That's even more of a PITA if the car tries to vocalize it.