Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto dimming screen malfunction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sophias_dad

Supporting Member
Jul 29, 2018
Massachusetts
Had a curious thing happen on the way home tonight. It was clearly getting pretty dark outside, yet the screen was very bright. My daughter agreed.

I checked the 'display' settings... it was set to 'auto' (in the day/night/auto selection) and 'auto' in the brightness slider arena. The slider was showing 100%.. I left the screen as it was, since it was set to auto.

A minute later I got fed up with the brightness, reopened 'display', unselected and reselected 'auto' next to the slider. The slider automagically slid down to 8%, first quickly then slowed down considerably after reaching 15%.

Sorry to hijack but I'm experiencing similar. When it's a bit dark and miserable (generally a morning problem) the screen seems to think its slightly bright so turns on with the power of the sun. I feel like those guys in films with night vision on that see a flare😂. Is there any way of stopping this, as the only solution i can see is leave it on dark mode.