Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-dimming side mirror design issue?

airbrett

Feb 12, 2020
San Francisco, CA
There is a reddit thread going on regarding what may be a design issue on the the newer auto-dimming side mirrors on the Model Y. The complaints are that drivers 6'x" cannon adjust the driver side mirror to have a good visibility of the lane to the left. Multiple people are indicating this was not a problem on the older style mirrors of the MYs they had taken a test drive in but is a problem with the newer style.

Does anyone over 6'1" see this issue? I'm tall and have a MYP on order.

Reddit thread: Very poor visibility in the driver side mirror for 2021 MY with auto-dimming mirrors : TeslaModelY

mattw715

Oct 24, 2020
Maryland
I have a MYP with the auto dimming mirrors. I'm 6'-1" and I did notice the I put the drivers side mirror out and up as far as it will go. It works fine for me but I probably would have went a little further if it could. I could see how someone a few inches taller could have an issue with it. I also have the seat as low as it will go.

X-Chris

Nov 21, 2020
VA
I am not tall but find the auto-dim driver side mirror does not go out far enough to cover my blind spot. Frustrating. I hope I will get used to it. Only been 3 days.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC