Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto display off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a relatively new M3 and the display stays on for quite some time while parked at home, or out for a grocery shop. I noticed it's still on when I come back.
Is there a setting for screen timeout when parked at home, or an auto off when out, except for dog or sentry mode?

Hold both buttons and reset MCU. Then after it reboots completely go into the menu under Safety & Security and hit the Power Off button. Get out of car shut door and wait about ½ an hour. Then test to see it it is working correctly.

That's abnormal behavior. The screen should go off when locked (like immediately. You should be able to stand outside the car, lock it, and watch the screen go off) and come back on when unlocked or door opened (again immediately). Suggestions above are good advice and if it doesn't fix it...service visit.

This may sound flippant, but I'm being serious...are you sure the door is shutting all the way? I know that the doors sometimes are hard to shut completely. If they do look shut, check and see if the car is locking when you walk away. The screen should shut off immediately as the poster above said.