Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Dome Lights cancelled by Tesla Theater

When you start Tesla Theater do you have to go back and re-set your Dome Lights to Auto?

• What is this Tesla Theater of which you speak?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Randy Spencer

Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Took a while to figure it out. Was it after a software update? Was it a setting that is forgotten when set during the day?

Looks like every time I charge the car and turn on the Tesla Theater to pass the time the Auto setting for the Dome Lights is turned Off when the lights dim to start the show. But I then have to go back in to Settings -> Lights and change Dome Lights back to Auto. I have been thru the most recent three updates and the behavior has not changed.

Is this happening to anyone else or is it just me? I would report it to Tesla but it may just be my car, although I did just find a bug in Apple HomePods and got to report that.

jbredz28

Jul 16, 2016
Powell, OH
I have had this issue since 2020.12.5 back in mid April. I posted this issue in a 2020.12.5 thread but didn’t see any responses to this topic. Tesla should be notified as this appears to be a bug.

AdamMacDon

May 8, 2019
Victoria BC
This bug has been around for a while. Happened for me since April. Hopefully they fix it soon, as I use Netflix a lot haha. You can use the voice commands to re-enable them.

bllydia

Oct 19, 2019
Louisville
Have had this issue for months. Talked to Tesla Mobile Service today. This is a known issue within the firmware. Tesla engineering is trying to determine root cause but have given no estimate of software fix yet.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC