Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Emergency Braking is Disabled message, music/media audio stopped working suddenly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
808F6039-ABAE-486C-A2DC-7CE668F6D1DD.jpeg

Just got back from a long weekend at the beach. Stopped at a Supercharger to fill back up before picking up our dog, then got an “Automatic Emergency Braking is Disabled” error message. I tried soft rebooting while driving. Didn’t fix it, so I just kept on driving.

Was playing music (streaming pandora from my phone). Got a phone call from my dad, and Audio came through the speaker normally. Went back to the music after. Then all of a sudden, no music would play through the speakers. I tried rebooting my phone. Still no music using Pandora or Plex streaming from my phone. I tried bringing up FM radio on the car. Still no audio. Tried soft rebooting again. Emergency braking error went away, but music still doesn’t work.

Stopped to get the dog. Did the soft reboot with foot on pedal. Music still doesn’t play, and Emergency braking message came back. Navigation audio still works. Getting ready to head home now.

Set up a service appointment in the app, but can’t be seen until June 17th. Ughhh!!!

Anyone have any ideas for me to try until the ?

**Edit**

This is a 2021 SR+ with 2022.12.3.12 software

Last edited:
Try using the "Power Off" option. See the manual if you're not familiar with how to do that. It might get you back up and running, as it does a more thorough reset than the two scroll wheel reset.
I rolled down the driver window closed the door, and hit the power off when I got home. Will check in a bit.

However, the music mysteriously came back halfway home on the highway, and the error message went away when I got off the interstate. Friggen weird. Hopefully the “turn off” option will clear the gremlins.

Happened to me while on 8 hour long trip. Saw message after 30 mins of drive, stopped at Tesla Service they were kind enough to take a look. Going to resume trip now.🤞

Concern: Customer States: alert for automatic brake and cruise control disabled.
Test drove vehicle and reviewed operation of autopilot. No alerts present. Customer concern of AEB
fault during recent drive cycle. Proceeded with review of logs for related alerts and articles. Alerts
present and payload of alerts related to article to be addressed in future firmware update. Intermittent
AEB fault may be present at times and can be temporarily resolved by exiting and reentering vehicle.

Alerts
present and payload of alerts related to article to be addressed in future firmware update. Intermittent
AEB fault may be present at times and can be temporarily resolved by exiting and reentering vehicle.
This alert happened to my wife yesterday while driving on the highway. What version did you have at the time? We have a 2018 M3 LR firmware 2022.20.18.

I have 2018 m3. Not sure which version of firmware I had at that time but currently I am at 2022.20.18 and have not had the problem again.

I probably got at least two firmware updates after the incident in sept

I'm not sure the music stopping thing has any relation to the automatic emergency braking disabled issue. My music streaming stops from time to time without anything else happening. Always had this issue since I had the car 3 years ago. Sometimes switching to radio and back solves it. Other times it takes a reboot, or I just wait a few minutes and it comes back.