Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Express Driver Power survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A very respectable 9th for the Model 3 but is rated worst for exterior finish and 70th for overall quality. This is by owners, not journalists.

It was rated best executive car (no idea how they define ‘executive’) and also best ‘engine and gearbox’! I think it’s time magazines changed that description to something more encompassing

3DE7FC37-DCEB-4949-9D0E-7714B87FA8DF.jpeg

These articles based on undefined data sizes are always nuts, and then sold as comparatives. How can Tesla have the worst 'materials' of any car, while also being their reviewers "Best Executive Car 2022".

About 3 people will have completed their survey, who haven't driven any other car and one of them was missing his buttons.

Reactions: UkNorthampton
About 3 people will have completed their survey ...

I liked the Mini user comment "Far too powerful for road use really but nice to know the performance is there" ... so there are situations where the power is a benefit then? User goes on to say "Getting onto motorways is fun". Tells me all I need to know about the quality of the survey and the Vox Pop

Given I haven't seen the original I'm sure there is a logical explanation, but why is PERCENT figure going UP as the Ranking goes down?

If the PERCENT is "dissatisfaction" that would make sense ... but if so how come it is at 90.678% by 11th place? :)

And 3 decimal places are needed to separate the ranking? The Mini better than the Ateca by 0.001% ... good luck spotting the bit that is better!

I liked the Mini user comment "Far too powerful for road use really but nice to know the performance is there" ... so there are situations where the power is a benefit then? User goes on to say "Getting onto motorways is fun". Tells me all I need to know about the quality of the survey and the Vox Pop

Given I haven't seen the original I'm sure there is a logical explanation, but why is PERCENT figure going UP as the Ranking goes down?

If the PERCENT is "dissatisfaction" that would make sense ... but if so how come it is at 90.678% by 11th place? :)

And 3 decimal places are needed to separate the ranking? The Mini better than the Ateca by 0.001% ... good luck spotting the bit that is better!
Good spot, the 3 significant places is hilarious. They have 10 sub categories on the right, which seem to be scores from 1 (high) to 75 (low) ?, you can't get more than one significant place out of averaging them.

For me the percentage is "satisfaction" or whatever. Higher the rank, higher the %.

cannot see where the question is...

only thing what is different and hilarious is that Ateca and mini ranked better at "infotainment, connectivity and Electrics" :D looks like only thing is the android auto / Apple carplay

What does "Exterior" mean in terms of score? The quality of the paint? The actual ergonomics / aerodynamics of it? Shouldn't the 3 score some bonus points for having such a low drag coefficient - which is pretty handy for EVs.

What does "Exterior" mean in terms of score? The quality of the paint? The actual ergonomics / aerodynamics of it? Shouldn't the 3 score some bonus points for having such a low drag coefficient - which is pretty handy for EVs.
I think this may relate to the freemont M3's which weren't that good but since M3's have ben coming from China I thought the fit and finish was a lot better now! Will probably be even better from Germany!!

I'm on my second Tesla, a Model Y registered 1st March and previously had a Fremont built 3LR and have been very pleased with the quality and finish of both of them, with no complaints whatsoever. I had a small issue with the Model 3 in that the nearside wing camera had stopped working by the time I got it home from collection but this was very swiftly put right by Tesla MK SC.

In my year of ownership, I've had three or four people tell me they flat out don't like the looks and find the interior boring.

Exterior looks for me are fine (side on good, rear is best, front is a bit ungainly looking head on).

And for me I prefer the minimalism of the interior dash.