Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-fold Mirror suddenly stopped folding today.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so there wasn't an OTA update last night, and I didn't do anything different. But noticed the mirrors of my MX didn't fold when locked this morning. Reset MCU, nothing. Tried to manually fold, no can do. Read on forums that many people experienced this after the running the Xmas light show, which I didn't. Supposed to be an OTA fix for this, now waiting to see when it gets pushed to me.

Called service, but was told to bring in the car, scheduled sometime mid-Nov but would rather get the firmware reset fix OTA.

What's also strange is that I noticed I lost about 10km range over night, which is rare for me when I have energy savings ON. Did this happen to anyone else in HK recently?

Mine did this without the xmas light show several months ago. Drove all the way to the service center (120 miles) where they told me it was more than a software fix. Got a loaner. Then drove back home. Then I get a call from them to come back and pick up my car, because all it took was a firmware upgrade to fix the mirrors. A few weeks later the passenger mirror stopped folding in. They sent a ranger out to my house and replaced the mirror mechanism - and also reloaded the firmware. Who knows what really fixed this problem?

P.S. I loose about 7miles (11 km) every night - About 18 hours after charging.

try rebooting the dash and center console first. Most glitches can be worked around in this manner.
This problem has never been solved by rebooting the dash. The "hardwired" mirror folding controls on the door (which do not go through the center dash) are unresponsive to when this problem happens. The door controls send a LIN bus signal which is received by the door mirror controller. It appears the door mirror controller is unresponsive to signals until its firmware is reloaded.

• Informative
Reactions: kinho and EVie'sDad
UPDATE: Since Tesla HK said they could not push a firmware update for my car at will, I scheduled an appointment to have this non-responsive folding mirror problem fixed, but had to wait until late November. Then, last week, got a regular push update for my car, after which, the mirrors worked again. Good news is that I will need to go to the SC anyway for the Performance upgrade, so it's good that I made an appointment when I did.