Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-fold Mirrors on Location with Long Driveway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure this has been covered multiple times, but can't find a straight answer. Is it possible to have the mirrors on a Model 3 with premium package only open and close when turning car on/off and not based on location? I have a long driveway and no matter what I've tried, my mirrors fold/unfold at least two to three times when coming/going from driveway. Feel like this is going to burn out the motors 2-3x faster.

There's gotta be something in between manual and by-location auto-fold, right??

Why are they doing it several times if the location is set to the end of the driveway (at the house, I assume). Mine does it at the end of my driveway but you can reset the location to be anywhere you want.

I don’t see a reason for more than once. What am I missing?

If you don't need them to fold until after you park simply turn Location off and they will do just fold/unfold like everywhere else you park. Must be missing something in your statement.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 6.24.07 PM.png

Why are they doing it several times if the location is set to the end of the driveway (at the house, I assume). Mine does it at the end of my driveway but you can reset the location to be anywhere you want.

I don’t see a reason for more than once. What am I missing?

Yea, me too. I really don't understand it. I've tried setting it at multiple locations in my driveway, but it always folds them when I pull up to my house and then again when I get to where I park. Same thing going out.