Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto-fold Mirrors on Location with Long Driveway

SirDubC

Mar 13, 2019
Seattle
I'm sure this has been covered multiple times, but can't find a straight answer. Is it possible to have the mirrors on a Model 3 with premium package only open and close when turning car on/off and not based on location? I have a long driveway and no matter what I've tried, my mirrors fold/unfold at least two to three times when coming/going from driveway. Feel like this is going to burn out the motors 2-3x faster.

There's gotta be something in between manual and by-location auto-fold, right??

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
Why are they doing it several times if the location is set to the end of the driveway (at the house, I assume). Mine does it at the end of my driveway but you can reset the location to be anywhere you want.

I don’t see a reason for more than once. What am I missing?

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
If you don't need them to fold until after you park simply turn Location off and they will do just fold/unfold like everywhere else you park. Must be missing something in your statement.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 6.24.07 PM.png

SirDubC

Mar 13, 2019
Seattle
Why are they doing it several times if the location is set to the end of the driveway (at the house, I assume). Mine does it at the end of my driveway but you can reset the location to be anywhere you want.

I don’t see a reason for more than once. What am I missing?

Yea, me too. I really don't understand it. I've tried setting it at multiple locations in my driveway, but it always folds them when I pull up to my house and then again when I get to where I park. Same thing going out.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC