Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto foldings mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MS 75D and I noticed that with the latest update (2017.34 2448cfc), the mirrors have started to unfold when I approach the car. Previously the door handles would pop out but the mirrors would unfold only after I opened the door. I think its a good feature. Did anyone else notice this? Thanks

Yes, but I find it rather annoying as I often walk into the garage with the key in my pocket and now have to avoid the unfolding mirrors if I'm walking in between the cars. Doesn't make sense, imho. Wish they had made it an option.

Some threads elsewhere saying this is bad depending on how the car is parked and what you might have to avoid as you begin to move it. Not sure I see the advantage of either behavior.

On my BMW the mirrors only auto-unfold over X speed if you haven't done it yourself, as the car assumes you wanted them folded. :D

If you want them folded in a Tesla, not sure how you do this (leave them folded) without turning off auto fold totally. I may have to do the same on my new car and fold manuallly because of my narrow garage, for example. The car should differentiate between it folded them and you folded them.

They also don't unfold if the car is unlocked and you open a door. If the mirrors are folded when you put the car in reverse, they stay folded. I used to have to refold the mirrors after going into reverse.

Another nice new feature is the mirrors automatically unfold when folded and you hit 10 mph. They used to not unfold at all when driving forwards unless I did it manually.

The new way is far better than the old way.