Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto front door open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys I just purchased 2018 model X manufacturer date 05/2018. I noticed I. An close the doors automatically, and open then from the screen. But I can do it from fob and when I walk up to it it doesn't open. Am I missing a feature? I thought all model X had PUP.

I have the same issue, same year model

1) Service Center did a remote program reset - doesn't work
2) Took 3 weeks for parts to arrive at service center for replacement
3) Car in service center since 7/19 for automatic door open issue- replace tons of wire and hardware because it doesn't connect with the new automatic door module. Estimate to finish by 8/12.

Will see and pray how long it takes to finish.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
There are two settings (in two different sections of the controls):

Automatic Doors - This determines whether or not the driver door will open when the fob is nearby and they are unlocked.

Passive Entry - This determines whether or not the doors unlock when the fob is nearby.

If you have both enabled, the driver door should open whenever you walk close enough to it.

If you have passive entry disabled but automatic doors enabled, you can open the front doors with the fob, and the driver door will open automatically if you open an FWD and then walk to the driver door.

If you have passive entry enabled and automatic doors disabled, the fob will not open the front doors, but you can open them by pushing the button when you walk up to them.

If you have both disabled, you will have to unlock with the fob before pressing the button on the door in order to gain entry.

There is also a setting that determines whether all doors unlock on first unlock attempt or only the driver door unlocks on first unlock attempt. This can affect the behavior of the front passenger door in most of the scenarios above.