Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Frunk Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the frunk mod but it seems to open the trunk real fast using more force than needed. I noticed that the original struts have 200n written on them which is 45lbs of force, but the strongarm ones are a little over 100 lbs of force. Also the replacement strut is a little shorter than the original one. 13.75 vs 14.50 length

I did a google search and found a site called Liftsupportsdepot.com and they make a 14.49 inch long struts that have the same fittings that come in a range of force from 30 all the way to 150lbs.
Part numbers are SE145P?? with the last two numbers ?? being the number of lbs it has.

I think we just need enough force to pop the trunk holding latch up and then the rest of the hood will rise but not as fast.

Someone posted that they installed one newer strut and kept the original one on the other side and it still had enough strength but the force on each side wouldnt be equal. Im thinking since a 45 and a 100lb combined open it, then maybe a 70 or 80lb strut would have enough strenght to pop the hood and raise it at a slower rate.

Anyone use other struts that didnt work and what were their lb ratings?

I did the frunk mod but it seems to open the trunk real fast using more force than needed. I noticed that the original struts have 200n written on them which is 45lbs of force, but the strongarm ones are a little over 100 lbs of force. Also the replacement strut is a little shorter than the original one. 13.75 vs 14.50 length

I did a google search and found a site called Liftsupportsdepot.com and they make a 14.49 inch long struts that have the same fittings that come in a range of force from 30 all the way to 150lbs.
Part numbers are SE145P?? with the last two numbers ?? being the number of lbs it has.

I think we just need enough force to pop the trunk holding latch up and then the rest of the hood will rise but not as fast.

Someone posted that they installed one newer strut and kept the original one on the other side and it still had enough strength but the force on each side wouldnt be equal. Im thinking since a 45 and a 100lb combined open it, then maybe a 70 or 80lb strut would have enough strenght to pop the hood and raise it at a slower rate.

Anyone use other struts that didnt work and what were their lb ratings?
Even with the 100lb ones after a while the hood pops open and it stays there for 5 seconds before it fully opens the hood.

Fred