Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting. I watched the YT and there seem to be a lot of steps involved. I'm not at all shy about doing DIY, although perhaps I'm not ready to do it on a vehicle that's less than a week old!

What's interesting is the statement "I now use the Frunk a lot, whereas before adding this, I rarely used it at all" [paraphrasing obviously]

and yes, it really should be standard

Upvote 0
Just missed getting the code but appreciate the opportunity!! Let me know if you get more please!
@Raizon

Well I asked and got code 10% off for 6 more units of Auto Frunk.

DM me please so I can keep count and also a reminder who I need to send and not gotten the code yet.

Cheers!

BTW I am not affiliated in anyway form to the seller. Just sharing.

Upvote 0
@Raizon

Well I asked and got code 10% off for 6 more units of Auto Frunk.

DM me please so I can keep count and also a reminder who I need to send and not gotten the code yet.

Cheers!

BTW I am not affiliated in anyway form to the seller. Just sharing.
Hello 👋🏻 — I'm interested in a code. I'm a long-time lurker, but first time posting so I don't have the ability DM just yet — can you DM me?

Upvote 0
Same awesome mod, less bruise this time around 😄.

The HEPA filter limited the spot to mount the ECU.

Ohh snap nice! LoL thanks again for the code definitely gonna order! You need to do a install video lol might as well get views and subscribers to get paid!

So where did you end up putting the ECU? You know how I mentioned watching countless videos of installs to the poking I know the steps without owning the product…there’s a bunch of videos where they just don’t care about organized wires vs those that are meticulous and want it to look as OEM as possible. Where did you side with?

Upvote 0
Ohh snap nice! LoL thanks again for the code definitely gonna order! You need to do a install video lol might as well get views and subscribers to get paid!

So where did you end up putting the ECU? You know how I mentioned watching countless videos of installs to the poking I know the steps without owning the product…there’s a bunch of videos where they just don’t care about organized wires vs those that are meticulous and want it to look as OEM as possible. Where did you side with?
I placed the ECU there coz no better place, and you are limited by cable/harness length.

I did tidy-up the cables along existing cables with velcro straps.
20211031_122141.jpg

Reactions: G2bme
Upvote 0
I placed the ECU there coz no better place, and you are limited by cable/harness length.

I did tidy-up the cables along existing cables with velcro straps.View attachment 727798
Have you noticed any additional power draw after installing? It does require a direct connect to the 12v battery right? Also, during install, did you consider how the sound might be reduced when opening? I pulled out the tub yesterday and thought about it. I think I have a way to do it, but i have to pull the whole latch mechanism out before I can confirm.

Upvote 0
Have not noticed much battery drain after install. The ECU wakes when the car wakes up. It is connected direct to the 12V battery.

Are you talking about the metallic clunk when opening? That's the way the OEM latch releases - I don't think you can change that. Only additional sound is the beep from the small buzzer and the soft whirring of the struts.

Reactions: MikeR99
Upvote 0
Have not noticed much battery drain after install. The ECU wakes when the car wakes up. It is connected direct to the 12V battery.

Are you talking about the metallic clunk when opening? That's the way the OEM latch releases - I don't think you can change that. Only additional sound is the beep from the small buzzer and the soft whirring of the struts.
I omitted the buzzer after getting it installed. I don’t need it to beep at me. The latch is loud enough to let me know when it is opening or closing.

Reactions: RoBoRaT
Upvote 0

Yes, I'm talking about the loud clunk when the latch releases. It doesn't need to be that loud. I'm just nit-picking, but that's my typical with any new car I purchase. I listen for all the sounds that don't need to be there and try to eliminate them. I've been pretty lucky in the last few cars, shaving off 15-20db. Doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference.

• Helpful
Reactions: RoBoRaT
Upvote 0