Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto gear Select question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

2101Guy

Breaker of Ignore Buttons
Jan 6, 2020
USA
This beta feature actually tends to work really well. But when it doesnt, it seems so obvious that it..failed. My question to you smart coders: what is it in the code that allows this to occur as shown in the pic? I mean, we know it cant see green poles and school buses and runs into the backs of motorcycles, but figured it could see a stationary car TWO FEET in front of it, no?

First person that says “oh don’t worry, single stack and DOJO will fix everything” will get banned from TMC for a day.

Thanks

Attachments

• D9EE95A4-6C57-49E5-ACBC-1B9E7422992A.jpeg
    D9EE95A4-6C57-49E5-ACBC-1B9E7422992A.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 88
No one here knows what's in the Tesla code, so all you're going to get is speculation.
On a totally separate note(too lazy to create another thread), also today: 4 lanes heading same direction. right 3 lanes are for going straight. Left lane (the one I was in as the first car in that lane) is left only. Initially all 4 lights are red. Then the lights for the right 3 lanes turns green. My light for my lane (arrow) remains red.

Yet...the "chime on green light" feature, chimed. Even though the display in the car clearly showed my lane signal as still being red.

Intended behavior? If no..let me guess.

"single stack will fix this too"

The green light chime is hit and miss with left turn arrows, in my experience. If it doesn't work right, it usually fails to chime when the left arrow turns green. But sometimes it works. I haven't experienced many false chimes like your incident.

By the way, unless you're currently using FSD Beta, which you haven't said you are, single stack is irrelevant, because your stack already has the latest production (non-FSD Beta) features, unlike the FSD Beta stack. The single stack isn't necessarily going to make features in the production stack work better, it's just going to make them available to FSD Beta testers.

Reactions: 2101Guy
On a totally separate note(too lazy to create another thread), also today: 4 lanes heading same direction. right 3 lanes are for going straight. Left lane (the one I was in as the first car in that lane) is left only. Initially all 4 lights are red. Then the lights for the right 3 lanes turns green. My light for my lane (arrow) remains red.

Yet...the "chime on green light" feature, chimed. Even though the display in the car clearly showed my lane signal as still being red.

Intended behavior? If no..let me guess.

"single stack will fix this too"
Were you actively navigating?

This actually happened to me today...I got the ding well before I expected it, and looked up and it was just the two right-turn lanes that had turned green (I was in a straight lane). But I was not actively navigating, and the gray line was flipping back and forth between straight and right turn as it does when there is not active navigation going on and you are at an intersection where, given the fact that the car is probably ahead of any lane markings, it cannot determine whether you are in a turn lane or not.

Assuming you were not actively navigating at the time, I suspect that you arrived at the stop line and the car (a) didn't know what your intention was and (b) didn't have a realistic way of knowing that it was in a left turn lane due to no visibility of the lane markings in the forward direction (as you were the first car in line). If you had been actively navigating, the car would have intentionally pulled into the left turn lane and would be paying attention to the left turn signal.

This beta feature actually tends to work really well. But when it doesnt, it seems so obvious that it..failed. My question to you smart coders: what is it in the code that allows this to occur as shown in the pic? I mean, we know it cant see green poles and school buses and runs into the backs of motorcycles, but figured it could see a stationary car TWO FEET in front of it, no?

First person that says “oh don’t worry, single stack and DOJO will fix everything” will get banned from TMC for a day.

Thanks
The car is in park. Do you want it to watch all day for you.

The car is in park. Do you want it to watch all day for you.
Apparently YOU..don’t use the feature. Otherwise you would know that there are two options that appear: a message indicating to press brake to reverse, or the message shown in the photo indicating pressing the brake will then effectively put the car in drive as dictated by the auto shift decision.

Now…please go back to praying to Elon and the fraudulent $12k “full SELF driving” shenanigans. 😂😂