Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto high beam behavior

KG M3

Jul 24, 2018
Pasadena, CA
Mine too. Unless you switch to low beam with the stalk, in which case it stays on low beam (as it should).
My point was that it works properly.

I certainly agree that they work properly.

I must apologize as I was confused by your original statement " if you are on low beams they will never auto change to high beams no matter the setting." The "no matter the setting" seemed to imply the car will never switch from low to high on either the "low beams only" or the "auto" setting.

Books

Jun 18, 2020
GTA
I'm not sure if the software has been updated for the Auto High Beam but I'm loving this feature here in rural areas.

We didn't expect the Model Y to have this considering it didn't have adaptive lights etc.

Reactions: HeyEph

HeyEph

Mar 22, 2020
Fairport, NY
I'm not sure if the software has been updated for the Auto High Beam but I'm loving this feature here in rural areas.

We didn't expect the Model Y to have this considering it didn't have adaptive lights etc.

I'm finding it works much better now, too. It still seems to disable occasionally without me having touched the left stalk. I also wish it worked better on the highway.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
thx. Haven't had that. I turn high off from time to time though. Some semi-local driving causes the MY to keep flipping high and low (appropriately) which annoys me.

Lounanne

Aug 25, 2020
Las Vegas
Anyone else notice the high beams are super sensitive? I had to turn off auto high beam (pull left stalk back instead of forward, did not touch anything in the menu) because it seems like I am a moving strobe light while driving- even at the slightest change in lighting on a street where the low beams work just fine.

Reactions: Gadget63

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
No. As above, I'll sometimes turn it off but that is local traffic and it seems to be acting the same as I would if I were trying to keep the highs on all the time. Without oncoming traffic, it doesn't flip due to street lights or anything.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC