Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto High Beam keeps showing up on the screen after I deselected it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SlimJim

Jul 25, 2019
USA
since the sw update last night, I keep getting the Auto hb indicator in gray on the screen.
I went into menu and it shows it has been deselected. I deselected it again anyway and made sure it was not showing blue in the box.
But it keeps coming back when I restart the car.
Anyone else having the same issue?
I am suspecting it is the sw update that is causing the glitch..

...the glitch....
I am not surprised if it's intentional and not a "glitch."

That's because Tesla is trying to switch to Pure Vision, so it needs to control your lights whether you agree or not.

It might be polite to let you turn off the Auto Highbeam this time, but it would automatically turn itself back the next time. It's the battle between humans and machines, and by watching the movie "Terminator," guess who will win!

• Informative
Reactions: SlimJim
I am not surprised if it's intentional and not a "glitch."

That's because Tesla is trying to switch to Pure Vision, so it needs to control your lights whether you agree or not.

It might be polite to let you turn off the Auto Highbeam this time, but it would automatically turn itself back the next time. It's the battle between humans and machines, and by watching the movie "Terminator," guess who will win!

We will need to send our engineer Martin Eberhard back in time to prevent this from happening!

All builds north of 2022.20.x and especially 2022.24.x coupled with HW3/3.5 Model 3/Ys are forcing Tesla Vision and so when TACC/AP/FSD features are engaged, auto-headlights and auto-wipers are now forced on.

Only older radar-equipped HW2.5 cars are not forced onto Vision, since they dont meet the minimum hardware/performance requirements.

Reactions: XPsionic
Pushing forward wont flash hb?
Pull flashes highs, push deactivates auto highs.
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

SmartSelect_20220913_145043_Firefox.jpg

Reactions: XPsionic
Maybe it's me but the auto high beam function on these cars isn't the greatest. Sometimes they get a little spastic and I get a lot of people flashing me. No auto high beam function is perfect as I would get flashed periodically with my BMW's where it may happen a few times a week but with this car it's a few times a night.

Reactions: tm1v2
since the sw update last night, I keep getting the Auto hb indicator in gray on the screen.
I went into menu and it shows it has been deselected. I deselected it again anyway and made sure it was not showing blue in the box.
But it keeps coming back when I restart the car.
Anyone else having the same issue?
I am suspecting it is the sw update that is causing the glitch..
Yes, has happened a few times with me also. I found if I turned off the high beam using the lever (after it auto turned on), it seemed to stop it coming on again (at least for the time being).