Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto High beam stopped working?

paulvinh

Mar 9, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
At some point within the last two updates my auto high beam stopped turning on. Normally when I drive down one of the streets near my house, it would turn on since there isnt much traffic there around. Anyone experiencing the same?

Marsnaut

Apr 7, 2016
NYC
I think for the auto high beam, you need to turn on high beams manually first. Otherwise it thinks you want to use regular headlights.

TT97

Aug 6, 2017
Los Angeles
I have noticed the auto high beams don't stay permanently on anymore. I need to push the lever to set them to auto.

On the center screen, you will see a greyed out high beam indicator with an "A" showing the auto high beams are engaged.

Reactions: McCaesar

Snow Drift

[Off-Road Assist] Activated
Feb 10, 2016
Long Island
Per the Owner's Manual, the stalk has to always remain pushed towards the dash (as in, full time ON in an ICE).

Auto is activated but no light = Gray ///(A) on the screen

Auto is activated and lit = Blue ///(A) on the screen

Auto is Deactivated and lit = Blue ///(_) on the screen (just like on an ICE)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC