TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Auto high beams no longer working on AP1

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Lithivm, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Lithivm

Lithivm Member

Hi guys I have an '15 85d which has the auto high beam feature. It worked fine but I had disabled it at some point. I tried enabling it last night and the button lit up like it was active but the high beams never came on automatically. No other cars around to keep them off. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Did you try turning the high beams on? On AP2 cars, it's not auto high beams, it's auto low beams. :D

You put it on high beams, and it turns it down when it sees cars coming.

Not sure if AP1 works the same way....

3. 12Pack

12Pack Member

It does work the same way. You have to enable it from the menu and then turn the high beams on. That results in a grey'd out high beam symbol in the IC.

• Informative x 1
  4. Max*

Max* Banned

Mine worked as of last time I checked it (couple weeks ago). I don't think I had any new firmware updates since then.

5. Boatguy

Boatguy Member

Yes, this is a better way to put it "auto low beams". Kind of annoying because the stick must always be in the "away" position and when you use it for turn signals there is a tendency for it to be pulled back into the "low beams" setting. Mine were working as of last week.

• Like x 1
  6. ibdb

ibdb 3 Car Garage and a 5 Car Life

I also have a '15 85D. My last software update was on 9/6 and I'm now on 2017.34 2448cfc. Auto high beams worked last night.

7. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Mine work too.

8. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

Something like this happened to me about a year ago. Tried rebooting the car in various ways and nothing fixed it. Solution for me was to toggle the auto high beams setting..

• Helpful x 1
  9. Lithivm

Lithivm Member

Thanks guys! I didn't know I had to have the high beams on.... Line your said it's auto lowbeams!