Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto High Beams

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coming from a Model S where the auto high beams were PERFECT ... and my GM truck which suck because they dont work below 20mph.

I have not seen the Y engaging auto high beams yet.

Any comments on sensitivity? Especially from other S owners.

I have to go back for a service, so I'm going to have them looked at.

Jimt29 is correct. They should be called auto low beams. If your lights are set to low beams, it will never turn on high beams. If set to high beams it will turn on low beams when it should, and then to back to high when it should.
That's how it works on the 3, and I assume the Y is the same.

Yes, that makes sense and works as described on my new 3.

I've noticed this as well. On my X (with AP1) they were perfect and it stayed enabled because it was a physical position of the turn stalk. I also liked how they gradually got brighter (the Y is an abrupt change) On the Y, it seems the auto high beam gets reset when you turn the car off and the logic isn't as good and false triggers more often.

It's still cool though and I use it all the time.

I've noticed this as well. On my X (with AP1) they were perfect and it stayed enabled because it was a physical position of the turn stalk. I also liked how they gradually got brighter (the Y is an abrupt change) On the Y, it seems the auto high beam gets reset when you turn the car off and the logic isn't as good and false triggers more often.

It's still cool though and I use it all the time.
On the Model Y I drive, turning the car off doesn’t reset the hi/lo beam. Checked it again Tonight to be sure.