Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto highbeams problem.

Fourdoor

May 31, 2016
North East Arkansas
Hey guys,

With my software build, auto high beams have to be on for AP to work, and they can not be turned off when AP is active. That isn't the problem. We all know that many cars have screwy behavior with auto high beams, but with Tesla we have a unique opportunity to actually fix the issue. If your auto high beams work fine then great! Take no action! If they wig out at all, when this happens please make a bug report.

That should be all it takes to make our cars have the best auto high beams on the market instead of flashing oncoming traffic like a lunatic :)

Keith

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
Visalia, CA
Does it allow ap to re-engage if you do a lane change or do you have to toggle auto high beam again?

I don't have a radarless Tesla so I only learn this through the video demo link in message #2 above. With 2021.4.18.10, the same thing that happens like before is: It requires Auto High Beam first. The difference is: Previously, once you turned on your Autopilot with Auto High Beam, turning off Auto High Beam would also turn off your Autopilot but now, once your Autopilot is on with Auto High Beam first, you can then turn off the Auto High Beam without disabling your Autopilot

So, if you don't have FSD, each time you change lane, your Autopilot would be turned off. You can turn Autopilot on again with Auto High Beam first then turn Auto High Beam off next.

If you have FSD, each time you let the system do the Auto Lane Change by signaling with the stalk or by letting the system does on its own in Naviation on Autopilot, that does not turn off the Autopilot, so there's no need to turn something on again when it's already on.

My auto high beams slider is fuzzed out blue, and it will not let me turn it off... how are you disabling the auto high beams?

Keith
Hi Keith:

You can change the mode with the left stalk by pushing it away from you. Good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: Fourdoor

Fourdoor

May 31, 2016
North East Arkansas
Thanks so much for the "use the stalk idiot" tip :D

I still think actually using the auto high beams and doing bug reports every time they freak out would help improve their functionality... but now that I know I can turn them off I don't know if I have the discipline to suffer through the current crappy implementation for the good of "Tesla" as a brand.

Keith

Reactions: Tam

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC