Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Inspection - Massachusetts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, all. New Series S owner here. As you all know, upon purchase of a new vehicle in this Commonwealth, you have seven days to get an inspection sticker. I just did that but I have a question: the station I brought the car to said they "do Teslas all the time". But as I watched them (the garage door was open during the inspection), I saw them put a jack under the car and start to lift the car. I yelled to them to stop, which they did but told me they needed to do that as part of the inspection, and pointed to the cameras (I didn't know there were cameras!) around the bay and said they needed to lift up the car a little because it was required.
Have any of you (Mass drivers) had a similar experience?

• Love
Reactions: Luv2preech
Hi, all. New Series S owner here. As you all know, upon purchase of a new vehicle in this Commonwealth, you have seven days to get an inspection sticker. I just did that but I have a question: the station I brought the car to said they "do Teslas all the time". But as I watched them (the garage door was open during the inspection), I saw them put a jack under the car and start to lift the car. I yelled to them to stop, which they did but told me they needed to do that as part of the inspection, and pointed to the cameras (I didn't know there were cameras!) around the bay and said they needed to lift up the car a little because it was required.
Have any of you (Mass drivers) had a similar experience?
They are correct. That’s what happens when living in a nanny state. Not everything makes sense.

well, wait til they start charging you for 13,000 miles worth of gas tax when you only drive less than 5,000 miles.....
They also read the odometer, so if taxachussetts starts charging at least it will be based on miles and not some "average". For what it's worth, they lift the car front end to check if there is excessive play in the steering or suspension. Seems a bit silly to me, not really much of a safety check, but I suppose some cars get rejected.