Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Insurance for Model 3 in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Best rate I've gotten, and will probably move forward with is through RBC. Ironically they use Aviva but were somehow cheaper than Aviva. Just another mystery of insurance pricing.

20-something, Mississauga.. quoted around ~2300/yr with home bundled in.

Are you sure Model 3 is added to the TD system? If so, I will call back TD Meloche Monnex to ask. I noticed the Model 3 is still not available for quoting auto insurance online, thats why i ask :)

It’s been in Aviva’s system for quite a while. Probably due to their Tesla program. I’m with Aviva Traders, not through Tesla but through my old employers group plan. They were able to quote weeks ago based on the VIN of the Yorkdale display 3. Quote stayed the same with my actual VIN.

I opted to wait for TDMM to manually override the model in the policy, it took 3 business days but finally have the docs today. My DS was very specific about needing the right make/model, but of course YMMV.

Also the original postal code Tesla provided for the lienholder (RBC) doesn't match the address, as confirmed by a google maps search:

Royal Bank of Canada
155 Wellington Street West, BSC 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON M5J 1J1

After emailing Tesla Finance, they clarified that it's actually M5V 3K7

I just called TDMM to remove my old car. While I was on the line I asked if they had the Model 3 in their system yet, and they said no.

So right now I'm still using their manual override. I have my house and 2 cars with them. Model 3 rate is cheaper than my Mazda CX-5, and cheaper than my old 2009 Toyota Matrix... but that might just be because I forgot to update my Toyota to indicate winter tires. :)