Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Insurance in Ontario

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been with Desjardin insurance for a couple years now. They've never screwed me over. Not sure that's relevant though as your premiums depend on a lot of factors like your postal code, age, sex, how long you've had your license, former accidents, whether or not your car is parked in a garage... you get the idea.

I've been with Desjardin insurance for a couple years now. They've never screwed me over. Not sure that's relevant though as your premiums depend on a lot of factors like your postal code, age, sex, how long you've had your license, former accidents, whether or not your car is parked in a garage... you get the idea.
Thanks for the info.
I know that it depends on a number of factors, but some companies appreciate Tesla's safety more than others. I have been with All State for my Acura (sold now) but they quoted me much higher for Model 3! From $119/month (for my previous Acura car) to $173 (Tesla). Same options.

Western Assurance only increased my rate by about 10% with the Tesla. But the old car was a 10 year old clunker without a lot of safety features. So the new Tesla Accident Benefits premium was lower by about a half, whereas the Tesla's Comprehensive premium was more than doubled.

All in all, I was pleased.

Reactions: catman44
Try TD if you're part of any professional organization (CPA, Engineers, etc) or an alumni of alot of Canadian universities. For me they were by far the cheapest and have a green vehicle discount. I also went through two claims on a previous Audi and they took care of me each time.

Reactions: catman44
Try reaching out to Duliban Insurance Brokers. They have partnered with the EV Society of Ontario to offer group insurance rates for EVs. I've dealing with them since I bought my Mode 3 in 2020 and have been happy with the service I've received from them. They ended up putting me into a policy with Western Assurance (now Intact).

Try reaching out to Duliban Insurance Brokers. They have partnered with the EV Society of Ontario to offer group insurance rates for EVs. I've dealing with them since I bought my Mode 3 in 2020 and have been happy with the service I've received from them. They ended up putting me into a policy with Western Assurance (now Intact).

This was a real eye-opener. I reviewed my insurance and can save about $800/yr based on two cars and content insurance for our apartment. Thank you for that.

I'm with TD on their professional organization plan, rate for the Model Y is about the same as my wife's Q5 at around $1900/year, but I have one speeding ticket (10km over the limit...thank you to the a-hole officer that was literally parked 50 meters before a 70km/hr begins sign and clocked me speeding up to 70 as I passed her).... so apparently that bumps my rate somewhat.

Never heard of Duliban, are they well rated? Ah, they are a broker, not an insurer.