Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Lane Change not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 1.15.23 PM.png

I thought lane change on auto steer was a thing though? I have tried this twice, and I do not have FSD...but when in full autopilot/autosteer (hit the stalk twice, blue steering wheel) I signal...and the car has changed lanes... without human-initiated steering wheel input.

I thought lane change on auto steer was a thing though? I have tried this twice, and I do not have FSD...but when in full autopilot/autosteer (hit the stalk twice, blue steering wheel) I signal...and the car has changed lanes... without human-initiated steering wheel input.
You must have EAP (Enhanced AP) that used to be offered and Tesla briefly offered again.
Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 6.56.40 PM.png

I had that argument on a YouTube chat because people were saying i should have lane change on blinker when using autopilot, on my car that doesn't have fsd. It does not work... Using the blinker simply lets me steer and keeps the tacc. After lane change i must reengage autopilot. That's probably what you have too.
Maybe there are differences per country (I'm in Canada) or it depends on when yoy bought the car?

Reactions: Rich A.
That’s the weird thing, I do not, but I tried it twice because I was curious (the first time) and totally surprised (the second). The second time I paid more attention - definitely had autosteer on, and when I put on my blinker the car moved lanes on it’s own.

Click on Autopilot and see if you have all these . If you see all this you have FSD. Then you can look under Software and see if you have Enhanced Autopilot or FSD listed.

IMG_5568.jpeg

IMG_5570.jpeg

That’s the weird thing, I do not, but I tried it twice because I was curious (the first time) and totally surprised (the second). The second time I paid more attention - definitely had autosteer on, and when I put on my blinker the car moved lanes on it’s own.
Then you are one lucky Tesla owner! Basic AP does not include auto lane change. Only EAP and FSD include this feature. If you have the ability to change lanes when using auto steer, and you didn't pay for EAP or FSD, then you received something you shouldn't have. If I send you $5 bucks, can you get me a few lotto tickets? LOL!

Then you are one lucky Tesla owner! Basic AP does not include auto lane change. Only EAP and FSD include this feature. If you have the ability to change lanes when using auto steer, and you didn't pay for EAP or FSD, then you received something you shouldn't have. If I send you $5 bucks, can you get me a few lotto tickets? LOL!

I wish. I took it out again tonight and could not duplicate.