Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Lane Change Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been wondering this....

When you put on the blinker it will change lanes for you. I understand that. I also understand that you need to turn the blinker off at the end of the change. What happens if you don't turn the blinker off ? Does it just keep changing lanes until you turn it off or does it default to one lane change and keep the lane until you initiate it again ? Just curious....:confused:

Cool. Nice. What if you are in the far left lane of a 4 lane road with no divider. Will it cross the double yellow lines if you turn the blinker on ?

Haven't tried, but I doubt it. I tried the opposite, far right lane, seeing if it would take me on the shoulder prior to the exit ramp, not only did it not change lanes into the shoulder, I almost missed my exit ramp as the "auto lane change" refused to take the exit ramp.

At first I was pissed I had to hold the blinker on to get it to change lanes. Then after I hit the blinker when I meant to hit the cruise stalk a dozen times or so I realized it was a darn good thing it did this! :tongue: On the older Model S (I used to have the pre-autopilot version) the cruise stalk and the blinker were reversed, and my tiny brain can't keep it straight now. Maybe some day I'll get it sorted.