Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Lane Change Stays in Passing Lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone seen the “warning” of “changing lanes to move away from cones” or something like that?? I’ve seen it once on a two lane highway with one lane closed and cones on the white dashed line, and it tried to change lanes into the entrance ramp lane!
Mine will go flying into the express lane here in Chicago when there are row after row of barricades preventing access. It could care less.

I've documented the same issue with failure to exit the passing lane. It was introduced at firmware update 2019.40.2.1. In my case, as expected, the HW3 upgrade fixed it. It's a little upsetting that the service center was gaslighting you with "that's how it's supposed to work". Please... we all know better. I pressed the service center pretty hard about this during my HW3 upgrade. I don't know if they ever passed the bug report along to the Tesla mother ship or not.

Has anyone seen the “warning” of “changing lanes to move away from cones” or something like that?? I’ve seen it once on a two lane highway with one lane closed and cones on the white dashed line, and it tried to change lanes into the entrance ramp lane!
@Didgie posted a clip that shows the lane change away from cones.

Reactions: Didgie and jdub55
I've documented the same issue with failure to exit the passing lane. It was introduced at firmware update 2019.40.2.1. In my case, as expected, the HW3 upgrade fixed it. It's a little upsetting that the service center was gaslighting you with "that's how it's supposed to work". Please... we all know better. I pressed the service center pretty hard about this during my HW3 upgrade. I don't know if they ever passed the bug report along to the Tesla mother ship or not.

@Didgie posted a clip that shows the lane change away from cones.
Thank you for sharing...yours and everyone's experience with this issue has helped me a lot.